Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going to uni in September and whilst I am going there to clearly get an education and obtain a degree, I am looking forward to the social side of things. I'll be moving to a completely new city so I won't know anyone. Fresh, new start and all that...

All of you at uni, would you agree that your social life became better at uni? Did you make a load of friends? If so, discuss what it was like prior to uni and what it is like at uni...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely
    Firstly I'm living with 5 people, which is different straight away
    I'm living on campus, where there are people everywhere it's like a mini city in itself and there's always something going on
    There's always new ways to meet people, through societies, events, campaigns, workshops, even on my course I'm continuing to meet new people even though I started way back in september
    There's a diverse range of people with different hobbies and interests so there's always something to do with someone e.g. I know people to go to the gym with and equally people to go on nights out with, or even just a movie night
    Main piece of advice I would give you : make the effort straight away because in the first few weeks everything happens so quickly.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.