Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I want to live in fallowfield for my first year, would that be close enough to the training grounds? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any direct experience, but i can take an educated guess that they train at the Armitage Centre, which is located on Fallowfield Campus. However, there's a small chance that they train in Wythenshawe as there is one uni-owned rugby pitch down there.

Wherever they choose to train, you can guarantee that they will have picked the location with ease of public transport in mind, so you will be able to get there relatively easily from Fallowfield.

ReputationRep:
    On second thoughts I found this rather useful bit of info http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/manche...rs-667869.html

It would seem that they train at Bowdon Rugby Club, but you can get a lift from Armitage Car Park (which is in Fallowfield Campus).

ReputationRep:
    If you're studying in Manchester next year the medics rugby isn't all you might want to be concerned with.. most halls have a team and there's also the actual university team. You could play for any of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollerblades)
    Oh id definitely play for halls, unsure about the uni team at first, my plan was to gain some experience of university rugby by playing for smaller societies
    I think it's really a question of how seriously you want to take it, how much you want to train and who you want to play against. If you want to just have fun, keep vaguely fit and play what are effectively friendlies against other halls / course teams, then play for your halls / course team. If you want to do it much more competitively, have a certain degree of talent and want to play against other universities and go to BUCS then play for the Uni team.

ReputationRep:
    I play for the Law Rugby team in the campus league after playing American Football for the uni last year, I find it to be really easygoing and it fits my schedule a lot better.

The teams are generally easy to join and most have no subs fee

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.