Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem. Who can tell me if the BSc Applied Accounting honor in Oxford Brooks Unversity is helpful in applying for the graduate programs in UK, such as LSE ? I may get this degree through my ACCA study. Now I am reaaally want to know if it is useful.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea about this Uni (Oxford Brooks). and/or program. Probably nobody else has either. Please provide more info and links.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndEng_guy)
    I have no idea about this Uni (Oxford Brooks). and/or program. Probably nobody else has either. Please provide more info and links.
    Well,this project is a cooperation between ACCA and Oxford Brooks University, anyone complete the first 9 papers of ACCA can submit a graduate thesis to get the Bsc(honor) in Applied Accounting. Here is the project link:http://business.brookes.ac.uk/undergraduate/2013/acca/

ReputationRep:
    Well, are you asking whether this will improve your chances or whether you can apply to LSE with this degree? What matters when applying to LSE:
    Rank of your BSc degree, GPA, GMAT/GRE, References. If this your only BSc degree then I think OxBrooksUni is relatively unknown and won't be of great help. On the other hand, I applied from a relatively unknown Uni and got accepted to LSE MSc Finance. Probably because I had a solid GPA and GMAT. If this degree is something extra, then I guess anything that shows your interest in your chosen subject will help when applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndEng_guy)
    You're not from the UK, right? Why do you just assume no-one knows of Oxford Brooks? Last year someone on the Oxford thread who graduated there got accepted to postgrad at Oxford (I can't remember if it was masters or phd), but if it's good enough for Oxford it's probably good enough for LSE. OP, just make sure you come out with a "proper" degree at the end of it, I don't know how this ACCA thing works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj27)
    You're not from the UK, right? Why do you just assume no-one knows of Oxford Brooks? Last year someone on the Oxford thread who graduated there got accepted to postgrad at Oxford (I can't remember if it was masters or phd), but if it's good enough for Oxford it's probably good enough for LSE. OP, just make sure you come out with a "proper" degree at the end of it, I don't know how this ACCA thing works.
    Thanks a lot! Your words means a lot for me. I will keep working hard on it.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.