Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    This. Definitely this.
    It's annoying when people are like, "let's watch loads of Disney films it'll be so fun"...and I'm just thinking, "can't we watch something a little more interesting". I mean they are meant for young children...I guess it's just people's nostalgia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_L)
    It's annoying when people are like, "let's watch loads of Disney films it'll be so fun"...and I'm just thinking, "can't we watch something a little more interesting". I mean they are meant for young children...I guess it's just people's nostalgia.
    The worst is when people expect you to know every single word to every single song and think it's weird when you don't. The last time I watched most of that stuff was before I was 10, how do people expect you to remember it all? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    The worst is when people expect you to know every single word to every single song and think it's weird when you don't. The last time I watched most of that stuff was before I was 10, how do people expect you to remember it all? :dontknow:
    ...and quote entire sections of the films - I can barely remember the plots and I don't have any desire to re-watch them aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweedy)
    JUNO IS AWFUL.

When I watched it as a teenage girl with a uterus I was offended by what the writer seemed to be suggesting I should do with it if it accidentally got filled with baby.
    ugh I know. It didn't help that the main two (Ellen something and that Cera guy?) are actors that seem to be always deadpan with hardly any emotion...

I did like her in Whip It though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just came downstairs to find Grease on...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkertailor)
    Anyone who didn't like Inception seriously needs to stick to their dumb Twilight movies, much easier to understand :rolleyes:

Or anyone who didn't like Fight Club, TDK/TDKR and The Matrix for that matter. These movies are the types that Hollywood should be making, not garbage like Avaturd, Twilight, Superhero smash brothers aka Avenegers.
    Inception wasn't too complicated a film tbh. Easy to understand, probably slightly more complex than The Matrix which was pretty basic.

Two good films but the 'I am better than you because I say these films are too hard for people to understand' crowd need to come and join the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I tend to find anything that's been hyped tends to put me off it.

Titanic - Utter tripe.
    Avtar - Infact, anything by David Cameron seems to be pump.

I got taken to the cinema to watch those series of films with Werewolves and Vampires in a love story. Oh my god. Who funded that?

Star Wars prequels.
    David Cameron?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Twilight. urgh.
    And part one of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I love Harry Potter but I think that first half was dragged out sooo much and could easily have been one film not two.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm risking my life here, but here goes. In no particular order:

all PoTC films
    LoTR
    Harry Potter
    The Hunger Games (very disturbing)
    The Twilight shenanigans
    Dark Knight films

ReputationRep:
    Titanic and Hunger Games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Star Wars prequels.
    But does anyone like those? I certainly hope not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    It's nothing to do with understanding - I completely got it, just didn't think it was all that.

And seriously, twilight? What makes you think I can even be within 2 miles of that *******s? Just because I didn't like inception all that much doesn't mean I'm suckered in to Hollywood trash, so get off your high horse before you judge.
    It wasn't all that? It was the best sci-fi movie of the last decade:rolleyes: It was critically acclaimed and plus it made a shed load of money. Movies these days can only be one thing or another, either financially successful yet typical dumb cliched trash or critically acclaimed but not make any cash at the box office. Christopher Nolan did both. Inception was loved by critics and is also one of the highest grossing movies ever. Anyone who thinks Inception wasn't 'all that' needs to get off their high horse instead.

(Original post by Mess.)
    Inception wasn't too complicated a film tbh. Easy to understand, probably slightly more complex than The Matrix which was pretty basic.

Two good films but the 'I am better than you because I say these films are too hard for people to understand' crowd need to come and join the rest of us.
    Inception was easy to understand for intelligent people. Like I said in another comment before, it's hilarious how those who didn't like the movie often come up with the same complaint, that it was too difficult to understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkertailor)
    It wasn't all that? It was the best sci-fi movie of the last decade:rolleyes: It was critically acclaimed and plus it made a shed load of money. Movies these days can only be one thing or another, either financially successful yet typical dumb cliched trash or critically acclaimed but not make any cash at the box office. Christopher Nolan did both. Inception was loved by critics and is also one of the highest grossing movies ever. Anyone who thinks Inception wasn't 'all that' needs to get off their high horse instead.
    Something making a shedload of money and being critically acclaimed doesn't mean someone has to automatically swoon over it, different tastes and all that. I've loved every other Nolan film but wasn't blown away by this one. Problem?

ReputationRep:
    The Hobbit. And Lord of the Rings.

They're so long and don't even make sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    Trainspotting- it's so dull!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    I don't like big stupid American action films like Transformers or the new Die Hard.
    THIS!!

Also I'm going to add The Hangover II because it was the same as the first, and Avatar, Skyfall has already been mentioned...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    just came downstairs to find Grease on...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ...your baking tray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    ...your baking tray?
    hm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthestig)
    I also didn't like Napoleon Dynamite

I'd like to add the Lord of the Rings films... :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    Avatar for me ! Everyone seemed to love it and were saying how amazing it is but I still think people are joking because I really can't see it , it's ridiculously awful and boring

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.