The Student Room Group

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Got to agree with Avatar really didn't understand the hype around that film, it's worth a watch but nothing groundbreaking... (IMO)
Reply 301
Argo.
Anchorman. I swear I had heard every single joke from my friends before I saw the film.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 303
Reply 304
Oh and any of the feckin' Hangover movies... i didnt laugh, once
american pie. what garbage.
Original post by GarnetStone
I'd have to say The Hunger Games. It was a good enough book, but I didn't think it transferred to movie well. Not to mention, it's really confusing if you haven't read the book and aren't sure what it's about. It doesn't really bother to explain much of anything that happens.
I'd also have to agree about some of the HP films. I thought 1 and 2 were pretty well done, and part 1 of number 7 was decent, but the other ones were either mediocre or downright bad.

I didn't find the hunger games confusing at all. Quite easy to follow.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 307
Lord of the Rings, Hobbit

why the negs?
(edited 11 years ago)
Anchorman without a doubt. Its a mildly funny film at best with people bumming it death.
Original post by Linnerzx
Honestly, for me, Django. Obviously it's not a bad film, I enjoyed it. But everyone was like OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING. And all 'Watch out for the bags on the head scene!!!! Oh my godddd!!!' so I was expecting absolutely something amazing/hilarious to happen and all I got out of it was a small chuckle.

Agreed. I thought it was average; but nothing too special.
The Hunger Games - my brother and I were both perplexed as to how this was supposedly so amazing. We stopped watching it 3/4 of the way through as it was total ****e.
I agree with people saying Avatar it was just soooo long!
Also, Titanic. I don't really like it.
Did you not think the Hobbit was a bit long? It was a decent film, but it felt like I was watching the pre-editing version. The opening scene went on far longer than necessary, and such a short book certainly doesn't need three, three-hour films to cover it...
Original post by possolg
The Hunger Games

Soooooo boring, the excuse that it's part of a trilogy does not make it okay to be ****, and I've heard people say "If you've read the book you'd think it's a good film" But why should I read a book to enjoy a film.

Completely agree. Hunger Games was the most stupidest film ever made. The jerky camera, the lack of story development...it was a pitiful film.
Twilight. Which one: all of them, especially breaking dawn part 2. It was hell in the two weeks up to its release in the cinema
The kings speech.
Please don't kill me but....Star Wars :s-smilie:
Reply 317
Avatar, Anchorman (SO MUCH) and The Hangover.
Avatar when I first saw it in 3D was ****ing amazing, but that was primarily because of the 3D. When I watched it again in 2D, I just left half way through.
Anchorman was boring as ****.
The Hangover... just wasn't that funny. It was like a film version of Michael Macintyre, and I hate Michael Macintyre. The jokes have so little thought put into them you wonder if it was really a joke and not just a mildly humorous explanation of a situation, e.g. "HA HA YOU SAID RE-TARD WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY RETARD".
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by KGW

All Avatar was was the same old environmentalist themes that was seen in Ferngully - and although there is no doubting that Avatar was visually impressive, I think Cameron used the latest state of the arts effects to mask over a weak and trite story that's been seen over and over.

I think in fairness though, I'd probably enjoy it if I saw it in 3D - but I watched it on a 2D screen. On Channel Four. Broken with ad-breaks, which probably made me enjoy it less. But for me though it just wasn't... Memorable, I don't think.

Sorry Cameron mate; it was visually impressive, but the story was a smidgen weak...

Interesting to come from a guy who brought us The Terminator and Aliens though :s-smilie:
It is.

Well, it's not BAD as such... It's just very, very bland and unoriginal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending