Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't Watch

• PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabzqt)
    watch video before negging/attacking me

Watched it all. The guy is a moron, and he clearly knows less than your average SATs student about plot and narrative.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Django Unchained and and the LOTR series.
    Not that I hate these movies but they are rated in the top movies of all time by most people I know and these people would happily watch them again at a movie night or something. Whereas, I don't find these grossly entertaining so would rather not 'waste my time' watching these films again.

ReputationRep:
    Free Willy... i thought it was going to be about gays... some stripy shark instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    My sisters keeper, it tried too hard to be a depressing film and it just made it not enjoyable at all...
    Can't work out which button is for spoiler tags on my tablet, so if you're planning to watch this movie soon, scroll past me.

Would have been so much better without the twist of cancer girl wants to die. Really wish it had just been that the sister wanted to be more than a spare parts bin, you can love someone and not want to scoop out your organs for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Inception, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Avatar, Avengers, All 8 of the HP films, I Am Legend and The Pursuit of Happyness.
    Wow, you just mentioned an basic summary of several of my all-time favourite films. Never watched 'Avatar' or 'I Am Legend' though.

'Pulp Fiction' being the acclaimed best film of all time is certainly a stretch, I found it to be rather tedious. Uma Thurman dances around in a 50's cafe with John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson iconically discussing his unhealthly lust for cheeseburgers, Bruce Willis doing something (I forget, it was too forgetable) and Tarrantino making a pointless Hitchcock-esque signiture move for a film director appearance rambling on about something possibly unrelated to the plot. It just lead me to think to myself "What is the point of all this?".

I'd get lambastered for saying it, but then again I liked Deuce Bigalow alot more than the so-called "best film ever" and then I'll get scrutinised for lacking taste in "good cinema".

Oh and I'm a Nolan buff, but I must admit I found 'Momento' overrated actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakesx)
    I agree with the rest, but do not bring Will Smith into it.... Also it is spelt Happiness,if you going to slash W.S at least spell it right!
    Wrong. It's spelled 'Happyness' in the title...

ReputationRep:
    The Godfather, it insists upon itself.

ReputationRep:
    It's 5:30am so I can't be bothered to check if it this has been mentioned already, but here goes.

Nearly everything by Tarantino.

Grr.

(Original post by TheMightyAcorn)
    Wow, you just mentioned an basic summary of several of my all-time favourite films. Never watched 'Avatar' or 'I Am Legend' though.

'Pulp Fiction' being the acclaimed best film of all time is certainly a stretch, I found it to be rather tedious. Uma Thurman dances around in a 50's cafe with John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson iconically discussing his unhealthly lust for cheeseburgers, Bruce Willis doing something (I forget, it was too forgetable) and Tarrantino making a pointless Hitchcock-esque signiture move for a film director appearance rambling on about something possibly unrelated to the plot. It just lead me to think to myself "What is the point of all this?".

I'd get lambastered for saying it, but then again I liked Deuce Bigalow alot more than the so-called "best film ever" and then I'll get scrutinised for lacking taste in "good cinema".

Oh and I'm a Nolan buff, but I must admit I found 'Momento' overrated actually.
    Funny, I really like Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. Jackson made the film for me. Django is underwhelming, considering the hype.

I guess opinions clash at times. I'd take my opinions with a pinch of salt, I probably could be talking ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    The Godfather, it insists upon itself.
    :lol: I c wut u did thar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I've not seen a single film that's been mentioned so far.
    Missing out if you havent watched Hangover IMO

I agree with the rest, but do not bring Will Smith into it.... Also it is spelt Happiness,if you going to slash W.S at least spell it right!
    Will Smith is a pretty average dramatic actor imo. His acting is very put on and contrived to me - I don't believe his acting. His gifts lie in comedy and music.

But who cares what I say? He's making millions off dramatic acting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confuzzled92)
    Shawshank Redemption - OK, its not poo, but why is this constantly referred to as one of the best movies of our time? What set's it apart from other prison films?
    This the ending is what makes people love it so much.

No it isn't

(Original post by IlexBlue)
    Is your sig from '5 Centimeters Per Second'? I love that film!

Have you seen 'Voices of a Distant Star'? It's a really a captivating and powerful movie considering it's only 25 minutes long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    This the ending is what makes people love it so much.
    The ending in the book is such a cliff hanger, certainly not like the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Lets see if others get the reference hah.

ReputationRep:
    The Harry potters... *yawn*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Short Story Long)
    I just read the tittle of this thread as having something to do with 'flimsy cat poo'. I need glasses.

I have nothing else to add.
    You're not alone. I actually have my glasses on and misread that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Watched it all. The guy is a moron, and he clearly knows less than your average SATs student about plot and narrative.
    what doesn't he know? back up your statement instead of just leaving it like that...
    the fact still remains that toy story 3 was just a rehash of toy story 2. That was the main criticism of it.

ReputationRep:
    The new Bourne film. And Forrest Gump.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.