Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Oh no! Not even if you get a Distinction*? :/
    Nope :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You will have to write quite a bit of essay in Economics and do a fair bit of reading, so if you don't like English and reading, it might not be a pleasure doing Economics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercube)
    You will have to write quite a bit of essay in Economics and do a fair bit of reading, so if you don't like English and reading, it might not be a pleasure doing Economics...
    I like reading but not essay writing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JF2013)
    I like reading but not essay writing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might depend on the exam board. I'm on AQA and the AS papers have a multiple choice section, but in general the essay writing is the part that distinguishes you with others. But it's really intense, unless you're really fast, you will have to write your socks off from the beginning to the end of the exam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yagmurgokhan)
    Am currently in year 11 and am struggling to choose my A-levels. I enjoy maths and am workibg on an A/A* at gcse; thus ill pick this.

Anyone doing geography can you tell me the rate of difficulty of the subject. Is it worth picking?

I got an A in biology gcse. However i have heard its really hard. Should i pick it or pick psychology. Please can someone give me some information about the coursework too. Where can i see a sample from?

Finally how hard is economics and is it a good subject?

I am a person working on A's, who dislikes reading, english is my current worse subject and i have never tried economics before.

I need URGENT help about my choices!!!!

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Geography is fine so long as you work hard - it's not difficult to understand, just a lot of content. Both Biology and Psychology are really interesting at A level, I'd say, from experience, that although I enjoyed Biology more, Psychology was probably easier (got a lot of names to learn though!) None of these have coursework though... Or at least not the boards that I've done (AQA for Geography and Psychology [I think]/ OCR for Biology).

Economics is a highly regarded subject, and your Mathematical background will help Can't comment on the difficulty however. It's always good to try a new subject at A level though, in my opinion. I think all four would actually go really nicely together - and is a good balance.

As for reading, for any subject you will be expected to read around the subject... Welcome to A levels!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.