The Student Room Group

Things to bring to uni :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beansontoast93
You've got an unconditional offer, so I see nothing strange about you preparing now :smile: it's only like 6 months away, and there's actually quite a lot to bring, so there's no harm in planning in advance and making sure you have bought the things you'll need. I can't imagine leaving it until the last week to get everything, that would be really stressful! :smile:

Thank you! Exactly. I'm already crying with money stresses. Packing out of the way is an easy way to have one huge weight part of of stress removed from the whole moving thing.
Reply 41
Because you know you're going to meet the terms of your offer? You mad bro? :confused: Students these days, think they're going to University before they meet their conditions. /facepalm

Unless of course you already have your results.
Original post by leelola
I haven't had all my interviews yet so can't firm at the moment :tongue: the forge looks really nice! I'm not that bothered where I go along as its social and liveable, Clanny house looks like a typical uni accommodation, once I've made it my firm I will go visit them :tongue: have you been to visit any? :smile:

Yeah me too :smile: all of them seem nice, so I don't really mind. Clanny house is also really nice (: Nope, not yet, hopefully after I've been to Hartlepool in a few weeks, I can visit Sunderland too and look around at the city and the accommodation. Good luck with all your interviews :smile:
Reply 43
A toasted sandwich maker!

I don't know what I'd do without mine. :biggrin:
thanks, that's very nice of you :smile: are you also going to Sunderland? (: And yeah, that's one of the other benefits of Sunderland, it's not too busy, but it's still a city so I can just pop round to the shop if I've forgotten anything :smile:

I don't intend on going as I'd prefer to start living and go somewhere different, I've applied just because it's my hometown university but I'm still waiting on Durham to reply and if I get an offer from there I will firm it, if not it's either Nottingham or a gap year for me! :smile: Great thing about Durham is that it's about a 20 minute car drive from mine so I can come home or go to Sunderland if I wish at any point with ease!
Original post by emilypsychology
I don't intend on going as I'd prefer to start living and go somewhere different, I've applied just because it's my hometown university but I'm still waiting on Durham to reply and if I get an offer from there I will firm it, if not it's either Nottingham or a gap year for me! :smile: Great thing about Durham is that it's about a 20 minute car drive from mine so I can come home or go to Sunderland if I wish at any point with ease!

yes I can relate to wanting to move a bit away from your hometown :smile: Durham is a great uni if you get an offer from there, I would definetly advise you take it :smile: and that's nice, not having to live at home but still being able to drive home (:
Can-opener!!
Reply 47
Yeah me too :smile: all of them seem nice, so I don't really mind. Clanny house is also really nice (: Nope, not yet, hopefully after I've been to Hartlepool in a few weeks, I can visit Sunderland too and look around at the city and the accommodation. Good luck with all your interviews :smile:

thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 48
vibrating cock ring, lube, condoms and some lads mags! Go-on son, you're penis is going to get more action in the next 3 years than you could imagine. Take the plunge son, gwarn!
I've come across some really vital items on this thread, that I probably would have forgotten if I had not viewed this. Thanks to those wo have bring up sone good utensils and contravince's.
Original post by 1overcosc
A toasted sandwich maker!

I don't know what I'd do without mine. :biggrin:

Thanks for reminding me, don't know what would happen if I came to the horror of forgetting to bring it.
Reply 51
Bring a load of booze with you if you drink, offering people a drink when you first meet them is one of the best ways of breaking the ice. I propped my door open with a big crate of beer and that worked pretty well! Until they were all gone...
Reply 52
Original post by The Batman

all you need tbh
Original post by bm127
Bring a load of booze with you if you drink, offering people a drink when you first meet them is one of the best ways of breaking the ice. I propped my door open with a big crate of beer and that worked pretty well! Until they were all gone...

thanks for the advice, I definetly will do :smile:
Original post by Ruffiio
Because you know you're going to meet the terms of your offer? You mad bro? :confused: Students these days, think they're going to University before they meet their conditions. /facepalm

Unless of course you already have your results.

Me? I think the word unconditional offer and firmed and moving are pretty concrete tbh. And yes I finished sixth form last may and have been in work since waiting to start in September 2013.

Quick Reply

Latest