Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Current year 11's - do you know what uni course you want to study? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    Kinda new to this so sorry if this is wrong :confused:
    Just really wondering if anyone knows what uni course they're going to take & what a-levels etc.
    Please answer:

predicted GCSE grades:
    A-levels you plan on taking:
    University plans (if any) :
    Which university:
    Work experience:

My predicted grades are all A/A* and I plan on taking biology, chemistry and Spanish for definite next year, just unsure on my 4th :/ I hope to study either medicine/nursing/pharmacy at university hopefully in London, Bristol or Birmingham. I'm also taking part in extra-cirriculars to help myself 'stand out' from everyone:L

I've been thinking about the future a lot and just wondered if I was the only one?!

ReputationRep:
    No there's nothing wrong with your thread, perhaps some year 11s will reply when they see it.

Okay, well it's good to look to the future, especially if you're aiming for a course as competitive as medicine. Just be ready for that competition, work hard in your GCSEs and give yourself as much of a headstart as possible. Good luck to you, whatever it is you decide to apply for in year 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Predicted GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAB (Spanish :shakecane:) + already have an A* in Maths and A in German.
    A Levels: Maths (+Further), Physics, Chemistry, German, Latin (AS), EPQ, and am doing Critical Thinking this year.
    University plans: NatSci at Cambridge, otherwise Physics at UCL or other, as yet unbeknownst to me universitiy, maybe the UEA but probably not ew
    Work experience: None yet, but hopefully will get a placement with the Nuffield Foundation next year.

Plenty of people on here are thinking about this stuff :awesome:
    Wow that's awesome Well done! I've already got an A* in English language which is a relief! Glad I'm not the only one thinking about all this stuff! UEA is one of the universities I've ruled out but purely because I already live like 2 minutes away form it and am bored of Norwich! Thanks for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    No there's nothing wrong with your thread, perhaps some year 11s will reply when they see it.

Okay, well it's good to look to the future, especially if you're aiming for a course as competitive as medicine. Just be ready for that competition, work hard in your GCSEs and give yourself as much of a headstart as possible. Good luck to you, whatever it is you decide to apply for in year 13.
    Thanks! the competition is mad something like 3000 applicants for 250 places :O I'm putting myself out there with my extra-cirriculars so when it comes to applying I'm hopefully of equal or better ability than other applicants! Currently in the process of completing silver d of E (Already have bronze), have had 1 week work exp in a pharmacy, when I turn 16 I'll arrange some at a hospital & some at a GP surgery and am about to take my grade 5 trumpet exam (aim to be working towards grade 7 when applying) and I'm going to take the EPQ next year. Trying to do everything I can to stand out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice_c_97)
    Wow that's awesome Well done! I've already got an A* in English language which is a relief! Glad I'm not the only one thinking about all this stuff! UEA is one of the universities I've ruled out but purely because I already live like 2 minutes away form it and am bored of Norwich! Thanks for your reply!
    Yeah I'm 15 minutes from Norwich and I'm not particularly fond of it as a place

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm 15 minutes from Norwich and I'm not particularly fond of it as a place
    Hehe it's not awful just I think other places are better:P Have you started revising for your summer exams yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe it's not awful just I think other places are better:P Have you started revising for your summer exams yet?
    Nope :pierre:

I'm not going to do my RS exams, considering the fact that I got 4 marks in the first exam, so I'll take the U (don't necessarily have to declare it on UCAS then, although will check) :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Nope :pierre:

I'm not going to do my RS exams, considering the fact that I got 4 marks in the first exam, so I'll take the U (don't necessarily have to declare it on UCAS then, although will check) :mmm:
    Fair enough, I've been doing a bit every night but only like 10/20 minutes or so it's just so much considering all the homework I'm getting-.-
    Can't you just drop RS so technically you don't have anything? Might look better than a U if you want to apply to Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    International Baccalaureate:
    HL Chemistry
    HL Physics
    HL Maths
    SL Latin
    SL English Lit
    SL Geog/Economics

Natural Sciences at Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Predicted GCSE Grades: A few As and Bs.
    A-levels you plan on taking: Biology, Chemistry, History and Psychology.
    University plans: I aim to study Neuroscience.
    Which university: Either King's College, Manchester or Edinburgh.
    Work experience:I've had work experience at an accountants and working at a stable for a week. I aim on applying to be a volunteer at the 2014 Big Bang Fair if possible, go on an Activenture week as a volunteer and when I'm 18, volunteer in a mental hospital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    International Baccalaureate:
    HL Chemistry
    HL Physics
    HL Maths
    SL Latin
    SL English Lit
    SL Geog/Economics

Natural Sciences at Cambridge
    Wow that's great, good luck! Cambridge is a lovely place and if I was good enough hI would love to study there!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Predicted GCSE Grades: Mostly A's a few A*'s in there too
    A-levels you plan on taking: Physics, Mathematics, Fine Art and History
    University plans: Going to read Architecture
    Which university: Cambridge or Bath
    Work experience: Ongoing work with a London Art Gallery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smozsolution)
    Predicted GCSE Grades: A few As and Bs.
    A-levels you plan on taking: Biology, Chemistry, History and Psychology.
    University plans: I aim to study Neuroscience.
    Which university: Either King's College, Manchester or Edinburgh.
    Work experience:I've had work experience at an accountants and working at a stable for a week. I aim on applying to be a volunteer at the 2014 Big Bang Fair if possible, go on an Activenture week as a volunteer and when I'm 18, volunteer in a mental hospital.

Awesome good luck! you've got a lot of work experience, so jealous of the mental hospital one, closest I've got is at a care home for the elderly with dementia but it sounds awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Predicted GCSE grades:
    A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAABC + Pass

Photography and Art

Already have:
    Photography: C
    English Language and Media: A :mad:
    Maths and History: A*
    A Levels:Mathematics(+Further), Physics, Chemistry, French, Geography, Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level + History AS.
    University Plans: NatSci at Cambridge, otherwise Chemistry at Durham...

With French modules wherever I can!
    Work experience:Did 2 weeks ish,with Cardiff School of Engineering (MechEng in particular)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Predicted GCSE grades:
    A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAABC + Pass

Photography and Art

Already have:
    Photography: C
    English Language and Media: A :mad:
    Maths and History: A*
    A Levels:Mathematics(+Further), Physics, Chemistry, French, Geography, Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level + History AS.
    University Plans: NatSci at Cambridge, otherwise Chemistry at Durham...

With French modules wherever I can!
    Work experience:Did 2 weeks ish,with Cardiff School of Engineering (MechEng in particular)
    Wow you're doing so many!! good luck and well done on your results and predictions! Your work experience sounds cool! looks like there is gonna be a lot of competition for NatSci at Cambridge at this rate!

ReputationRep:
    Wow you're doing so many!! good luck and well done on your results and predictions! Your work experience sounds cool! looks like they're is gonna be a lot of competition for NatSci at Cambridge at this rate!
    Thanks, it was great fun!

I doubt I'll even apply for Cambridge NatScI but we'll see..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it was great fun!

I doubt I'll even apply for Cambridge NatScI but we'll see..
    Hehe well it's all dependent on results now:/ I really want to do medicine but there is no point applying if I don't get at least 8 A*/A grades out of my 10 subjects:/ At least we already have some results to give us an indication sounds like you could do it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe well it's all dependent on results now:/ I really want to do medicine but there is no point applying if I don't get at least 8 A*/A grades out of my 10 subjects:/ At least we already have some results to give us an indication sounds like you could do it!!
    Medicine is so over rated :lol: everyone does it I swear :rolleyes:

Hope you're successful

It's not that I don't think I can get in, just don't.know whether I want to

ReputationRep:
    Medicine is so over rated :lol: everyone does it I swear :rolleyes:

Hope you're successful

It's not that I don't think I can get in, just don't.know whether I want to
    Hehe I know!:L about 20 people in my year want to apply for it atm but about half of them only want to do it for the status which really annoys me
    Thanks so much! You too!
    I suppose there is so much pressure if you apply to Cambridge:/ My brother goes to Oxford and the application process was streeeeeeeeeesffull!
    Good luck with what you decide to pursue, achieving those predictions will mean you can explore anything!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I know!:L about 20 people in my year want to apply for it atm but about half of them only want to do it for the status which really annoys me
    Thanks so much! You too!
    I suppose there is so much pressure if you apply to Cambridge:/ My brother goes to Oxford and the application process was streeeeeeeeeesffull!
    Good luck with what you decide to pursue, achieving those predictions will mean you can explore anything!
    that's annoying :mad: or the "my parents want to be a doctor"

:five:

It's not even pressure, it's because they don't do a straight chemistry course

Thanks a lot again!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.