Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently got a passport and am current using this as ID in pubs and clubs. But I feel that this is too expensive to be taking around with me, and was wondering what the other options were for ID? I know provisional licenses are often used but this is too much money for me including school events such as prom. I would really appreciate some help on this so I don't loose my passport!!
    :confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, those are the only two that are accepted everywhere.
    There is a citizen card I think but that's not always accepted everywhere. The provisional is probably the best bet - and it's needed for when you learn to drive anyway so it's not like you would only use it for ID! (Not as hard to lose either, as it fits easily into your purse...)

ReputationRep:
    ^

+

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1921212

(and a bunch of other threads)
    +

http://www.getgoogle.co.uk/?q=accepted+forms+of+id

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately, these 2 are the only forms that are always accepted. You could risk it with a "pass logo" one but be prepared to get knocked back.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any particular reason why you can't save up for a provisional licence? You go out drinking, so you must have money coming in from somewhere. Just go out a few nights less for a few weeks and you will make up the £50 you need in no time.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    unfortunately, these 2 are the only forms that are always accepted. You could risk it with a "pass logo" one but be prepared to get knocked back.
    :yes: A few times I've gone to use my citizen card and the person serving me hasn't realised either what it is, or that they accept them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    :yes: A few times I've gone to use my citizen card and the person serving me hasn't realised either what it is, or that they accept them.
    yeah, but to be safe you want a licence or a passport, i know loads of people that have been knocked back for using cards that are officially acceptable, but clubs just won't accept them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.