Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    abc
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoedamilola)
    Is anyone doing OCR GCSE History and has a question that goes along the lines of:

How far has the importance of Adolf Hitler been exaggerated in the Nazi rise to power, 1919-1934?

I would like to start a discussion on this where we can advise one another. Because I definitely need some advice as it is of the utmost importance that I excel in this piece of coursework seeing as I want to study this subject next year and the minimum entry requirement to study History in the Sixth Form that I am going to go to is an A.
    I'm definitely not an expert on this topic, although I do have a couple of ideas. You can argue that the importance has been exaggerated since fascist parties rose up across the world, not just Germany, implying that it was the beliefs that caused the popularity rather than the leader. Additionally, the Nazi party didn't make a lot of progress in terms of popularity until the 1929 depression which also could be interpreted as meaning that Hitler's importance was exaggerated. However, there are obviously many counter-arguments, i.e. many people regarded Hitler as an inspirational speaker.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.