Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    abc

ReputationRep:
    Use social networking. I would have gone mad if I didn't. Revise, and when you feel yourself tiring, take a break. Whether this means visiting Facebook, or Twitter, whatever, just go ahead.

Personally, I would be distracted if i wasn't on these sites. I'd lose focus from my work and wonder if there is anything interesting going on.

When you feel yourself getting too drawn into them, do more revision!

Remember to eat and drink, and sleep!

ReputationRep:
    abc
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If you find that you're easily distracted (like me :ninja:) then Leechblock is a free to download addon that blocks access to chosen sites over a time frame that you specify. I think it's only for FF at the moment, but I assume alternatives exist for other browsers.

ReputationRep:
    abc

ReputationRep:
    If Leechblock doesn't work, search for ColdTurkey- that works on Chrome and Safari and does the same job.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoedamilola)
    Could I have some advice on how to manage social networking with GCSE revision because believe me, I've been trying but it's easier said than done!

You always have the social recluses who are in study-mode 24/7 and end up doing well in their exams because they dedicate all their time to revision however, I know this is not the only way to do well.

My friends for instance are practically on every single social network under the sun and go out all the time but when it comes to mock exams they easily get As and A*s. I know people can manage their social lives with their revision, it's all about self control...
    You raise a very intresting point and a very common trap people face when they start A levels, from i experinces from GSCE and A level my advice is to NOT model yourself on anyone.

you'll have naturally gifted people who can achieve amazing grades with mininal work and those who need to become a social reculse to just pass their GCSEs (and then A levels).

You have to make that call. to sacrifice something for a short period of time for the benifit of your future aspiration or to risk it to maintain you current relationship with social networks. the latter CAN be done, but not by everyone.

So please, someone tell me the secret behind it?!
    As for the secret, turn everyday of your life between now and your final exam into one massive timetable. do some revision everyday with a bit of free time throughout also.

this worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    abc

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.