Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    On thursday I got my C1 maths result; I got an A with 81 ums.
    I was so so happy, literally in tears, because I had a migraine in the exam and i couldnt actually see for a little bit :/
    Loads of people think i'm mad for even thinking about this, but is it worth doing a resit to try and get the UMS points up? I know c2 etc is going to be soo much harder and i think i could have done better because of the migraine... but then i dont know if its worth all of the revision again, and te stress of having another exam in the summer?
    Also, do they still take your highest grade if you resit? If not then i dont know if its worth it Oh, and will some uni's reject me because of the resit?
    Thank you so much, sorry for all the questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoopop)
    Hey guys,
    I was so so happy, literally in tears, because I had a migraine in the exam and i couldnt actually see for a little bit :/
    Loads of people think i'm mad for even thinking about this, but is it worth doing a resit to try and get the UMS points up? I know c2 etc is going to be soo much harder and i think i could have done better because of the migraine... but then i dont know if its worth all of the revision again, and te stress of having another exam in the summer?
    Also, do they still take your highest grade if you resit? If not then i dont know if its worth it Oh, and will some uni's reject me because of the resit?
    If you can do C2 then you can do C1 with no/little revision. So I don't see why not, I guess a better mark would put less pressure on your C2 result

EDIT - Unis only really look at exam resits from June. A lot think that the January ones are just like mock exams so don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parente)
    If you can do C2 then you can do C1 with no/little revision. So I don't see why not, I guess a better mark would put less pressure on your C2 result

EDIT - Unis only really look at exam resits from June. A lot think that the January ones are just like mock exams so don't really care.
    That's true - since I've started C2 i've understood the C1 stuff a lot more! Ah i see, because its still all in the same year... Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    If you can get an A overall in AS that's all you need as it only goes on C3 and C4 to decide an A*. Depends on the university I suppose, but most of them mightn't know because as far as I remember you don't put down actual grades on the UCAS form, just the exams you're sitting, unless they're already 'cashed-in'.
    Personally I'd avoid a resit; when I resat a few A2 modules last year half of them I went down in because I couldn't focus on them enough due to the other new modules that were much trickier. But, again, up to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet-Caroline)
    If you can get an A overall in AS that's all you need as it only goes on C3 and C4 to decide an A*. Depends on the university I suppose, but most of them mightn't know because as far as I remember you don't put down actual grades on the UCAS form, just the exams you're sitting, unless they're already 'cashed-in'.
    Personally I'd avoid a resit; when I resat a few A2 modules last year half of them I went down in because I couldn't focus on them enough due to the other new modules that were much trickier. But, again, up to you
    This person is right, all this talk of Universities caring about resits, they don't see so it doesn't matter! All they see is that you got an A in C1 not the UMS. You could always wait until next year to resit, see if you need to bump the UMS up (ie. it's the easiest module so because I got 97 in it, I'm still on track for an A despite getting a few high Bs in other modules, -I do FM-) so I wouldn't worry about it until you see how you do in the summer whether you need to (also worth reiterating that it doesn't count to the A* anyway...)

ReputationRep:
    That's true - since I've started C2 i've understood the C1 stuff a lot more! Ah i see, because its still all in the same year... Thank you so much
    You could easily up C1 with little revision if you're doing C2. Then if you do bad on C2 but got 90+ UMS on C1 you'd get an A in AS and you don't need 90% overall at AS to get an A* at A2!

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.