Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottedZebra)
    Wow, can't believe there were only 11 places, that is mad :O makes me pretty nervous about whether I'd manage to get a place!
    Do you mind me asking how it works with funding your degree? I've heard something about NHS bursarys?
    You get a bursary to cover all of your tuition fees plus a £1000 bursary per year, neither if these have to be paid back. You also apply for maintenance loans and grants and your student loan. This is where I get a little confused as some are income assessed some aren't, some are repayable some aren't I don't know aaaaahhhhhh!!! In am literally applying for everything I can haha. I do know though that any job you do whilst doing your degree does not have to be declared.

also there is help with childcare cost and some travel expenses and other things aswell, there is quite a lot available.

Dont doubt yourself and your ability to get into uni. I never thought I would be goin to uni let alone have 3 offers on the table all from great unis 2 of them with really small cohorts, 11 and 15!!!

They do have to give the places to someone so why not you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm currently doing an access course at college but are already doing our personal statements which have to be handed into by first of November !!! I took and completed a level 3 childcare course a few years back involved in this was 5 different placements in children settings such as nurseries and schools aswell as one placement with children with special needs I really don't no what else t put in my ps really could do with some help !! I'm hopefully starting volenteering soon aswell I have experience with children but not the medical side any help would be appreciated xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottedZebra)
    I'm thinking of applying for child nursing in a couple of years, was just wondering from anyone that has got in to study it or is currently studying it....what work experience or voluntary work did you have to support your application?

Just to help me get an idea of what kinds of things I should be doing now to help me get in
    Hey I start my children's nursing degree in march and I had 3 years experience in a low secure hospital so just tried to emphasise the transferable skills and I had 3 months of volunteer work on a children's ward at my local hospital I also did a paediatric first aid course hope this helps x

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.