Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! I'm currently in Year 12 doing my A levels. I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and recently got my January results for Maths, Chemistry and Physics which I got 3As in!

So I'm wondering if I would still be able to do Dentistry with my A level options and if so which would I need to take to A2 and which would I drop, considering my 6th form don't give an AS in Further Mathematics, so I'd need to do the full A Level in that.

Thanks Guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufy123)
    Hello there! I'm currently in Year 12 doing my A levels. I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and recently got my January results for Maths, Chemistry and Physics which I got 3As in!

So I'm wondering if I would still be able to do Dentistry with my A level options and if so which would I need to take to A2 and which would I drop, considering my 6th form don't give an AS in Further Mathematics, so I'd need to do the full A Level in that.

Thanks Guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to say this but most dental school require A level biology. Some are OK with AS Biology so could you do the AS or full A level course in year 13? see the link below

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...y_Requirements

ReputationRep:
    What if I was to drop Physics after AS and take AS Biology at A2, along with a couple of months of Work Experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That would be fine but at first glance your only options are Barts and Bristol. If I was you I would give the admissions officers at these dental schools a ring and ask them if this still applies for 2014. If only doing Biology to AS you are limiting your possiblities and it would be awful if, further down the line you found out that Barts and Bristol require full A2 for 2014.
    I have a feeling that there are a couple of dental schools that offer foundation level for dentistry IF you don't haven't done the appropriate a levels. If you do your research (in the first instance go to UCAS course search/dentistry) you should be able to find out for yourself.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lois griffin)
    That would be fine but at first glance your only options are Barts and Bristol. If I was you I would give the admissions officers at these dental schools a ring and ask them if this still applies for 2014. If only doing Biology to AS you are limiting your possiblities and it would be awful if, further down the line you found out that Barts and Bristol require full A2 for 2014.
    I have a feeling that there are a couple of dental schools that offer foundation level for dentistry IF you don't haven't done the appropriate a levels. If you do your research (in the first instance go to UCAS course search/dentistry) you should be able to find out for yourself.
    Good luck!

Hey can i know of universities that provides foundation courses for dentsitry since i didnt get through my A levels :/ (in middle east or asia) pls :/

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.