Will I be able to get A/A* with low isa grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently got my results back and they were
    c1- 90 ums (A)
    s1-84 ums (A)
    Bio1-93 ums (A)
    Chem1-88 ums (A)
    Phy1-96 ums (A)

I'm glad with these results but for the sciences I'm really finding it difficult to get A's in the isa, so I'm worried if I'll be able to achieve A* in A2 for bio and chem and an A overall for physics(dropping it).

Please help!

ReputationRep:
    brilliant results! um i think you will as long as they arent too bad, im relying on my ISAs to pull my grades up lol it also depends on your summer and A2 results too

ReputationRep:
    Thanks just want to get best results in possible at AS as no Jan exams for A2

ReputationRep:
    ISAs are awful, and a lot of schools cheat to get much higher marks on them. I wouldn't worry too much though, it's only 20%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MP055)
    I recently got my results back and they were
    c1- 90 ums (A)
    s1-84 ums (A)
    Bio1-93 ums (A)
    Chem1-88 ums (A)
    Phy1-96 ums (A)

I'm glad with these results but for the sciences I'm really finding it difficult to get A's in the isa, so I'm worried if I'll be able to achieve A* in A2 for bio and chem and an A overall for physics(dropping it).

Please help!
    Don't worry. ISAs are evil and tend to be my weak point but as long as you get decent UMS in your other exams then you get enough of a buffer, generally, to get an A* overall.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.