Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winorloose)
    No it wasn't it was you!

All I did was transfer it onto Joey.

Btw jj those cupboards look almost exactly like the ones we have here: do you reckon they have one big company supplying every boarding school?

LOL. Now who could that be?

It wouldnt surprise me at all. Cheap skate around every corner they will to fill the coffers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    That my friend is not true. Your at Johns later this year are you not? Makes you a true gentlemen
    Point conceded. We shall have to put a bit of effort into revering each others, to counteract the scorn poured our way by some of the less desirable elements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I suppose I read that as associated with your school as well as general life style. Anyway you're all very lucky and I hope you will be nice to people like me who feel terribly left out when you do all your school-talking business. I can only talk about bin-liners and jumble sales. <sniff>
    Awwww.

I'm nice to everyone who lets me .

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I read that as associated with your school as well as general life style. Anyway you're all very lucky and I hope you will be nice to people like me who feel terribly left out when you do all your school-talking business. I can only talk about bin-liners and jumble sales. <sniff>

Aww, rubbish. Like we said before, its mainly a conversation breaker or in some cases a macho thing like Winchester vs Eton and Stonyhurst vs Sedbergh. You see that every saturday at football matches

Try to get to know someone from a boarding school, you'll realise they dont talk about it all the time, but are reasonably normal!

ReputationRep:
    Try to get to know someone from a boarding school, you'll realise they dont talk about it all the time, but are reasonably normal!

Of course I know people from boarding schools!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Point conceded. We shall have to put a bit of effort into revering each others, to counteract the scorn poured our way by some of the less desirable elements.
    Indeed.

I'm very impressed with your English by the way. I've always found Norwegians and Danes to have extremly good English

ReputationRep:
    Of course I know people from boarding schools!

Ones like mine or Winorloose's though with a big macho thing going on?

ReputationRep:
    Ones like mine or Winorloose's though with a big macho thing going on?
    They're all the same to me - I can't remember where someone's gone to school.

ReputationRep:

Thats good then. I assure you the banter you see from me et al is only the same as an Arsenal supporter telling Man U are crap

Its very childish, but your brought up like that, its instilled into you for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    That's probably truer than most people would like to admit: especially big macho schools like ours!

Anyway, once you've left I don't think its that big a deal (though I will have to bow to JJ's esteemed experience here, since I haven't left yet).

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

I'm very impressed with your English by the way. I've always found Norwegians and Danes to have extremly good English
    Very kind of you to remark on it. I find that Scandinavians generally have fairly extensive vocabularies, but that our pronounciation is poor. You should hear our PM at international conferences. He sounds as if he is struggling with a cold while recovering from a severe concussion.

ReputationRep:
    That's probably truer than most people would like to admit: especially big macho schools like ours!

Anyway, once you've left I don't think its that big a deal (though I will have to bow to JJ's esteemed experience here, since I haven't left yet).

Your right, it doesnt matter at all once you've left. This place is quite frankly the only place I mention it. My boss at the moment is OE, I tweeked, and asked him, and had a little chat about school etc, but thats as much as have done in the last year. I mean, obviously you go to the old boy piss ups, but apart from that its pretty igsinificant. Coming on this board takes me back, mmm, all the banter

ReputationRep:
    Very kind of you to remark on it. I find that Scandinavians generally have fairly extensive vocabularies, but that our pronounciation is poor. You should hear our PM at international conferences. He sounds as if he is struggling with a cold while recovering from a severe concussion.

Not at all, I wouldnt have known you were Danish at if you didnt say you were from there.

Hmm, yeah, I've only ever known Norwegians really, I found the girls voices squeaky, and the boys really deep.

Of course my favourite Scandanvian is a Swede, in Princess Madeleine

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, I wouldnt have known you were Danish at if you didnt say you were from there.

Hmm, yeah, I've only ever known Norwegians really, I found the girls voices squeaky, and the boys really deep.

Of course my favourite Scandanvian is a Swede, in Princess Madeleine
    Yes she is very pretty, and she has lived in England on/off for the last couple of years.

On the subject of royalty: The crown prince of Denmark (Frederik) is going to be married in May, and because of the public holiday my exam in Property Law has been moved from the 14th to the 11th. It's enough to make one a revolutionary!

ReputationRep:
    Yes she is very pretty, and she has lived in England on/off for the last couple of years.

On the subject of royalty: The crown prince of Denmark (Frederik) is going to be married in May, and because of the public holiday my exam in Property Law has been moved from the 14th to the 11th. It's enough to make one a revolutionary!
    Why? You get a holiday! Unless of course you get a clash or two. In which case it is very gay. I ended up doing all my exams on two days, seven hours on each. It wasn't pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's surname is Danes and mine has viking origins - It's only right that we inconvenience them by making them learn English after they invaded us. I have friends in Norway and Denmark - they are so nice. I love the name Mads (said mess) Isn't it funny - a mad mess. Hmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    Why? You get a holiday! Unless of course you get a clash or two. In which case it is very gay. I ended up doing all my exams on two days, seven hours on each. It wasn't pleasant.
    It's just that it means that I'll have three days less to prepare for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's surname is Danes and mine has viking origins - It's only right that we inconvenience them by making them learn English after they invaded us. I have friends in Norway and Denmark - they are so nice. I love the name Mads (said mess) Isn't it funny - a mad mess. Hmmmm.
    Yeah, but the invading thing only really worked until people found out where we lived and came to get us though.

However, being such a small nation does confer the advantage of having to learn English (unlike the Spanish, the Russians etc.).

ReputationRep:

Oh, come one now... I'm sure you can factor it into your revision plan. By cutting out forum time perhaps

ReputationRep:
    Fair play, but revolutionary? I can't quite see a bomb throwing anarchist disrupting things: "You B****DS you wouldn't give me enough time to study!"

I agree it must be a bit mean. Shame they wouldn't postpone it eh?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.