Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I just emailed my eligibility form and proof of evidence to Southampton!

A2 is going ok, I'm more worried about my AS resits now.

I think what will worry me the most is other medicine applicants getting interviews and offers. Not to mention I'll have to wait for a few more months to find out if I get rejected or offered an interview.
    It is really hard. But remember that when they're not hearing from places it is not a good sign. You not hearing from BM6 is a good sign!

(Original post by CoolRunner)
    Haha. PRSOM

Yeah A2 is going good so far, I think most of us (well BM6 applicants) are just so nervous we dont have the energy of keeping this thread going. I'm guessing when its october and soton start making interview offers, then It will be probably likely we are gonna flood this thread :rolleyes:
    (Original post by CoolRunner)
    I meant november!
    Well they usually give interview dates 2 weeks before. I guess as there is only one day they'll give them earlier but I doubt it will be as early as November considering when the interview is set for :no:

I am going on the basis of no news = good news, so I like this thread to be quiet :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    It is really hard. But remember that when they're not hearing from places it is not a good sign. You not hearing from BM6 is a good sign!

Well they usually give interview dates 2 weeks before. I guess as there is only one day they'll give them earlier but I doubt it will be as early as November considering when the interview is set for :no:

I am going on the basis of no news = good news, so I like this thread to be quiet :yep:
    True, I think I was being a bit optimistic , On the selection policy document, it says from November-january 2014 BM4, BM5 and BM6 candidates are considered by selectors , Since we have a later interview time, i am sure you are right about this

ReputationRep:

Hey Beth do you know how many people applied for BM6 this year?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Hey Beth do you know how many people applied for BM6 this year?
    No idea. I'll try and find out though

ReputationRep:
    Cool, keep us posted.

ReputationRep:
    I am already so impatient. I think we'll get interview invites/pre-interview rejections after the new year, seeing as the interview date is the 19th of March it's highly unlikely they'll let us know 4 months in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone received the eligibility form???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad8oy)
    Has everyone received the eligibility form???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild&young)
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reapplying?? Your username looks familiar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reapplying?? Your username looks familiar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am on a gap year but I never applied to Southampton BM6 course last year. It's my first time .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild&young)
    I am on a gap year but I never applied to Southampton BM6 course last year. It's my first time .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I saw you on a UEA thread then lol.
    Where you applying to this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I saw you on a UEA thread then lol.
    Where you applying to this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have applied to Southampton, Plymouth, Newcastle, Durham and Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got my eligibility form today, application sent 11th so don't worry if you haven't got yours yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madz2802)
    Got my eligibility form today, application sent 11th so don't worry if you haven't got yours yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got mine today too and I applied on the 11th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I called them t check if they received my application, the lady on the phone said over 600 applied

ReputationRep:
    I've received the eligibility form too, just need to send it off

ReputationRep:
    We had 33 in the class. 31 passed and went through, 2 failed. One of those switched to BioMed and the other has just resat the exams and will be joining BM5 next Oct. So 32/33 made it.

I loved BM6. You make friends, get to know the uni and how to write essays/take exams etc. You get to know lecturers and you get a head start as you cover units from the BM5 course so you're ahead of the game come BM5. There are loads of benefits to BM6 and I think most of the class would say that they found it very worthwhile.
    Heey! I know i'm late to respond, but do you mind if I ask what grades you got for your A-levels?? and did any of the students get below AAB??

Your replies are really appreciated.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o.nalhady)
    Heey! I know i'm late to respond, but do you mind if I ask what grades you got for your A-levels?? and did any of the students get below AAB??

Your replies are really appreciated.

Thanks

:hi:

I've moved this to the current BM6 thread.

If you do mean the widening access BM6 course, grades are not relevant as long as you meet the minimum. There was a range of CCC (the offer at the time) to AAAA in my BM6 year and this is something common to all BM6 years. The uni isn't bothered what your grades are as long as you meet the minimum (BBC at the moment).

If you mean the BM5 course - the offer is currently AAAa and the uni is historically very inflexible with this.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received a postcard from Southampton yet.

ReputationRep:
    I know this has probably been answered a million and six times but can anyone tell me when they tell you if you have an interview, dates of the interviews and how many are given out?
    I only just sent off my eligibility form and proof (cuz I'm an idiot and leave things till last minute)
    Btw did anyone else get a postcard?? lol How nice..

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.