Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lethargic)
    They may send out invites soon because there's only one interview date for the BM6 and I thought the whole point of the 2 week notice was so that there was an element of 'surprise' and everyone got equal time to prepare. Whereas we already know the date to prepare for, so it's just a matter of 'who'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As nice as that would be, think of all the other work they have going on. It isnt like they're sitting and waiting to hit "send", they're sorting out all the other interviews etc etc :sadnod:. Also, equal time to prepare is something they will probably want regardless of which course you're applying to.

That said, you might hear earlier, just don't get hopes up. Assume it will be 2 weeks before and then if it is earlier it is a nice surprise.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchoolKid.)
    Ohhh I never knew that. I thought they would come a lot earlier considering people from last year got interview invites December/January time when the actual interview was February.

This is going to be longer than I expected :eek:
    They have if I remember always been 2 weeks before. It was just that there were several interview days last year.

(Original post by claire230)
    Oh right, just read your above post. And they're taking longer this year than last year? Surely they'll tell us earlier than 2 weeks prior? Last year they were told 2 months before

They have if I remember always been 2 weeks before. It was just that there were several interview days last year. Mine was 2 weeks notice :yes:

(Original post by zab786)
    I think people will know my end of Feb too because someone I know who is on BM6 now from last yr said she gt told 3rd week of feb and that majority of ppl hu get interview get conditional offer as its limited selection

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not true I am afraid. There are 96 interviews and only ~40-45 offers (so less than half). It's better odds than when you apply (1 in 16ish) but still not most :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    As nice as that would be, think of all the other work they have going on. It isnt like they're sitting and waiting to hit "send", they're sorting out all the other interviews etc etc :sadnod:. Also, equal time to prepare is something they will probably want regardless of which course you're applying to.

That said, you might hear earlier, just don't get hopes up. Assume it will be 2 weeks before and then if it is earlier it is a nice surprise.
    Oh definitely, they must be stressed more than usual this year introducing the BM5 interviews on top of everything else. I've kind of just put it in the back of my mind for now, there's no point in worrying yet! Do you know how many applications they've received this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zab786)
    feel so upset this waiting game is KILLINGGGGG me feel so negative & down haven't heard anything at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same what are ur stats if u don't mind me asking
    You're not going to hear until 2 weeks before the interview. Just put it to the back of your mind until then!!

ReputationRep:
    okay thankyou hopefully some good news is shortly coming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am PANACKING about my bm6 application. My eligibility form was sent to you within the two week, my teacher accidently attached the same form twice, instead of attaching the evidence. After realising days later I quickly sent the evidence via email.

I am just worrying whether this would have affected my application as I'm not sure if the evidence was sent within the two weeks period. I AM SO UNLUCKY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dolphinblue101)
    I am PANACKING about my bm6 application. My eligibility form was sent to you within the two week, my teacher accidently attached the same form twice, instead of attaching the evidence. After realising days later I quickly sent the evidence via email.

I am just worrying whether this would have affected my application as I'm not sure if the evidence was sent within the two weeks period. I AM SO UNLUCKY
    I hink you'd be fine because someone (not sure who think it was Bethaney) did mention it wasn't a strict deadline. If something was wrong they would have contacted you by now. Keep positive and stay calm

ReputationRep:
    Bm6 is my last hope ((((((((((

ReputationRep:

Did everyone have to fill in eligibility forms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Did everyone have to fill in eligibility forms?
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanttobeadotcor)
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't

Might've been due to the fact they'd have the dirt on me from last year.

ReputationRep:
    Why? Is too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're not going to hear until 2 weeks before the interview. Just put it to the back of your mind until then!!
    Bethany were you on the bm6 programme?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, shes in the third/fourth year bm5 now (i think?)

If so bethany, how is the intercalated bmedsci/mmedsci going on? I really admire how much help you've given us whilst you got a massive workload!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Finished BM6 and am halfway through my 2nd year of BM5

(Original post by Acylation23)
    Yup, shes in the third/fourth year bm5 now (i think?)

If so bethany, how is the intercalated bmedsci/mmedsci going on? I really admire how much help you've given us whilst you got a massive workload!
    I'm in BM5 year 2 :yes:. Just started Endocrine and lifecycle, and renal cardio resp 2 which is Yr 2 semester 2. Had semester 1 exams last week

ReputationRep:

I'm in BM5 year 2 :yes:. Just started Endocrine and lifecycle, and renal cardio resp 2 which is Yr 2 semester 2. Had semester 1 exams last week
    Wow what were your gcse and a level stats if you don't mind me asking? Also how did you find the foundation year- was it harder than a level?

ReputationRep:

Awesome! seems real interesting Hopefully the exams went well

Is BM5 a big step up from BM6? & also do you still get a good amount of patient contact on the BM5?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acylation23)
    Awesome! seems real interesting Hopefully the exams went well

Is BM5 a big step up from BM6? & also do you still get a good amount of patient contact on the BM5?
    Yes. It's full time, but no, there are no essays.

Not sure what you mean by "still". There is no patient contact as such in BM6. Yes you have placements but you're not there to speak to the patients, you're there to observe the practitioners.

BM5 is lots of patient contact. Year 1 is seeing a birth and fortnightly visits to your GP surgery. Year 2 is weekly visits to primary and secondary care, year 3 is entirely ward based (although this will be year 3 and 4 for you guys, with half wards and half projects) and 5th year is entirely hospital based.

Wow what were your gcse and a level stats if you don't mind me asking? Also how did you find the foundation year- was it harder than a level?
    I can tell you my stats, but it won't do much good comparing as a) entry requirements change and b) Southampton are not concerned with grades as long as you meet the minimum. So I could have 3 Cs (my offer was CCC) or I could have, like a few did in my year, 4A*'s. The offers are not given out with any interest in your grades as long as you meet the minimum criteria. So the only information of interest is "did I meet the minimum criteria" and the answer is "of course, I got an offer!".

My grades are on here somewhere but it was so long ago I can't quite remember!

Also remember that the offer is always the same for BM6 regardless of your predicted grades.

Foundation year is a big step up from A level, but not as big as the change from A level to BM5 as BM5 is a step up again. Because it is only 3 days a week for BM6 however, the work is really manageable (especially as you always get Wednesday afternoons off too, so it's more like 2.5 days). Just don't let the essays get on top of you!

BM5 is harder, though now they have taken the essays out it is considerably easier. It's just about doing the work, keeping on top of things roughly, and then working hella hard in the month leading up to exams! People can work too hard and they get ill, people do work not enough and end up resitting or failing and being asked to leave. But those who show up, do the work and really go for it in revision weeks, tend to do just fine

ReputationRep:
    SO HAPPY just got an email from them informing me they did receive my evidence and my application was considered. I was panicking because on their email when they sent out questionnaire they clearly stated that you must sent it within a two week period or your application is not considered

ReputationRep:
    SO HAPPY just got an email from them informing me they did receive my evidence and my application was considered. I was panicking because on their email when they sent out questionnaire they clearly stated that you must sent it within a two week period or your application is not considered
    Good to hear! Did you ask them or did they email you randomly?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.