The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethaneyJ
Yeah I understood what you meant and my comment still stands :h: . They can't hold it against you if you get nervous in an interview! Unless it is paralysing and going to affect your ability to study the course I guess...

I don't really remember. I guess so. But I don't count saying "erm" as not fluent, it's a sign you're thinking.

There is still an off chance someone will withdraw from interviews. They're keeping their options open. As much as I know you want to move into something else, you have to remember that is your priority, not theirs at the moment. It's frustrating, but there isn't much to be done about it I am afraid.

Thanks a lot :-)))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I understood what you meant and my comment still stands :h: . They can't hold it against you if you get nervous in an interview! Unless it is paralysing and going to affect your ability to study the course I guess...

I don't really remember. I guess so. But I don't count saying "erm" as not fluent, it's a sign you're thinking.

There is still an off chance someone will withdraw from interviews. They're keeping their options open. As much as I know you want to move into something else, you have to remember that is your priority, not theirs at the moment. It's frustrating, but there isn't much to be done about it I am afraid.

Hi Bethaney, its me again sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really nervous. :-1
After you interview how did you feel it went?
Did you think it was terrible?
Or did you think it went amazing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Working4it
Hi Bethaney, its me again sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really nervous. :-1
After you interview how did you feel it went?
Did you think it was terrible?
Or did you think it went amazing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I walked out thinking it had gone quickly and worried they'd tried to get rid of me fast as I was a no. It was a bit of a blur. At one point one of the interviewers went a bit weird and I couldn't decide if I had said something terrible or great haha.

Overall I felt it went okay, and that I had done as well as I could have. I didn't expect to get an offer though so I can't have thought it went that well!

You guys are lucky. While the wait has been longer for interviews you won't have long to wait after them to see if you got an offer. My interview was 27th of January 2010 and I found out on the 12th of March. That wait was awful. I think for me, waiting after interview is worse than waiting to get an interview. Before you get an interview, you're hopeful, you carefully thought out your personal statement etc. Then afterwards, you have to hope that in those 20 minutes you were in the top 45 people they had interviewed.

Luckily for you all, that wait won't last long! Offers usually go out en of March. This may be different this year I guess but I don't think it can be too much later. :smile:
I walked out thinking it had gone quickly and worried they'd tried to get rid of me fast as I was a no. It was a bit of a blur. At one point one of the interviewers went a bit weird and I couldn't decide if I had said something terrible or great haha.

Overall I felt it went okay, and that I had done as well as I could have. I didn't expect to get an offer though so I can't have thought it went that well!

You guys are lucky. While the wait has been longer for interviews you won't have long to wait after them to see if you got an offer. My interview was 27th of January 2010 and I found out on the 12th of March. That wait was awful. I think for me, waiting after interview is worse than waiting to get an interview. Before you get an interview, you're hopeful, you carefully thought out your personal statement etc. Then afterwards, you have to hope that in those 20 minutes you were in the top 45 people they had interviewed.

Luckily for you all, that wait won't last long! Offers usually go out en of March. This may be different this year I guess but I don't think it can be too much later. :smile:

And i guess the less waiting the better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tammi_8
moi!

My registration is at 8.45 :frown:
They must somehow know I'm not a morning person!

Wow that's quite early! Well I guess you'll just have to wake your self up with lots of caffeine! :biggrin:

I'll see you there! :smile:

Ah! I think it's about 16-20 applicants per place. It varies each year :smile:

Oh lord, that's competitive :redface:
Reply 806
Original post by Limitless!
Wow that's quite early! Well I guess you'll just have to wake your self up with lots of caffeine! :biggrin:

I'll see you there! :smile:

Caffeine never ever ever ever works for me, nor do energy drinks. HELPETH ME!

See you there :biggrin:
Original post by Tammi_8
Caffeine never ever ever ever works for me, nor do energy drinks. HELPETH ME!

See you there :biggrin:

Seriously?:eek: Must be just me :colondollar: I guess you'll just have to wake up super early and hope for the best...although if you're anything like me then the nervousness( :curious: ) will keep you awake!

Where are you travelling from? My train journey is a beast!:rolleyes:
Reply 808
Seriously?:eek: Must be just me :colondollar: I guess you'll just have to wake up super early and hope for the best...although if you're anything like me then the nervousness( :curious: ) will keep you awake!

Where are you travelling from? My train journey is a beast!:rolleyes:

Everyone I know can have a cup of coffee and manage to stay awake for the whole day .. then there's me. I routinely buy a mocha every Thursday morning (don't ask why that day only) and it's not doing anything for me! It just sits on my desk in chemistry..

I'm travelling from Manchester, you?
Are you having trouble booking tickets and accommodation like I am?
my groups tsk is before my interview anyone elses like this?
Original post by Tammi_8
Everyone I know can have a cup of coffee and manage to stay awake for the whole day .. then there's me. I routinely buy a mocha every Thursday morning (don't ask why that day only) and it's not doing anything for me! It just sits on my desk in chemistry..

I'm travelling from Manchester, you?
Are you having trouble booking tickets and accommodation like I am?

Haha sometimes I wish I was like that, It makes me so jittery!

Oh I see! That's quite a journey then. I'm travelling from Grantham :smile: I booked my tickets and hotel like a week ago!

Why are you having trouble with it, exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha sometimes I wish I was like that, It makes me so jittery!

Oh I see! That's quite a journey then. I'm travelling from Grantham :smile: I booked my tickets and hotel like a week ago!

Why are you having trouble with it, exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi does anyone know if everyone who comes to the selection day will be getting reimbursed or if is only candidates who have a chance as in the email it says reasonable candidates will be getting reimbursed what do they mean by reasonable?/
Original post by June-2013
Hi does anyone know if everyone who comes to the selection day will be getting reimbursed or if is only candidates who have a chance as in the email it says reasonable candidates will be getting reimbursed what do they mean by reasonable?/

Does it say reasonable candidates? :s-smilie:

I would assume it means that if you have been travelling a long way and your journey has cost a lot, which is why they're willing to reimburse up to £100 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh lord, that's competitive :redface:

But now there is only 96 interviews so stats looking better. Getting an interview is a huge achievement alone :smile:

Original post by June-2013

Reasonable travel fees. All students will get it reimbursed
I'm so scared about the interview. :ahhhhh:
Original post by The.Joker
I'm so scared about the interview. :ahhhhh:

Don't be scared. Be excited! It's your chance to show them what you already know. That you are amazing and going to be a kick ass doctors. Otherwise, fake it until you make it.

Don't let nerves get the better of you. Be confident that you know you'll be a good doctor and then they will hopefully see it too :smile:
Don't be scared. Be excited! It's your chance to show them what you already know. That you are amazing and going to be a kick ass doctors. Otherwise, fake it until you make it.

Don't let nerves get the better of you. Be confident that you know you'll be a good doctor and then they will hopefully see it too :smile:

I feel that I can explain my answers well and give examples to my back up my points. But it's just I keep having thoughts that I won't be one of the 45 to get an offer or that I'll flop the interview due to being too nervous and shy and having mind blanks when they ask me questions.

Hi do we need to bring all them three documents for proof of identity ??!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The.Joker
I feel that I can explain my answers well and give examples to my back up my points. But it's just I keep having thoughts that I won't be one of the 45 to get an offer or that I'll flop the interview due to being too nervous and shy and having mind blanks when they ask me questions.

If you have a mind blank, ask them for a moment to think. Remember that they're interested in you and just want to see if you are a good fit :smile: Also, remember that they were once in your place :h:
Original post by wanttobeadotcor
Hi do we need to bring all them three documents for proof of identity ??!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. What does the letter say? If I recall I went with everything I could - better to be safe etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending