ReputationRep:
    wt tym was ur group task?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamdoctor)
    Me it was the other way around.

Awesome panel interview
    Awful group task.
    Bethaney.do u know how much each weighs.
    And what were they lookin for in the group task.
    One member of our group was really overpowering... a lilndifficult to het a word in tbh
    Equal weighting for both parts. And they were looking for the non academic entry requirements listed in the prospectus they'll take that into account. It wasn't a game of who could speak the most. And hopefully yoy had a chance to do your summary at the end. It was about making carefully reasoned opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YasmineCherfi)
    I DID have a cardiac arrest! I don't know if I saw you there? The group task was kind of awkward though as no one had a clue what they were talking about, instead focussing on who could be most articulate!
    Same Lol i think everyone was sayin stuff but it didnt really make a lot of sense cause we were all so nervous! There was a lot of interupptin when people were speaking which was awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Working4it)
    I thought i was gonna have a cardiac arrest after the panel

Posted from TSR Mobile

i agree with you, i almost did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless!)
    Haha
    Open return?! Isn't that a lot more expensive?

Good to hear you've sorted it though!
    Yeah they were! Although they are the closest ones to the university.

Aw what a nice brother! You can get £100 reimbursed by the university by the way!

Where have you booked your hotel? Mine is at "Star hotel"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea haha :') it was 60 quid each way, thankfully they handed out reimbursement forms at the start, I would have forgotten otherwise!

What time was your group task and interview btw? (can't remember if I asked already)
    DEAR LORD that interview was just ughh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless!)
    Oh man...finished my interview and group task and I dont know what to think.

I feel like I said a couple of cringeworthy stuff in my interview

Best of luck to you all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I accidently made out as if I was sexist and would kill all men if murder was legal. ... ....

Worst interview mistake EVER in the history of mistakes made by human beings

ReputationRep:
    hi guys I know its nt relevant to this thread but
    has anyone done the AS biology ISA on osmosis , A2 biology isa on reaction time and chemistry AS isa on group 2 metals and A2 chemistry ISA on equilibrium constants ??? exam board= AQA
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've done the as and a2 biology also a2 chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i have Pm you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I was also interviewed yesterday, best of luck to everyone, I'm sure you all did well. Also a massive thank you to Beth and all the other medical students helping out yesterday.

PS. Does anyone know when we are likely to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    I hate you all for getting interviews IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    well aren't you lovely?
    think about what the interviewers would have made of that comment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefuldoctor)
    I hate you all for getting interviews IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!!!!!
    I understand you're feeling upset but there is more to life than medicine...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=barmutlu1;46823823]I've done the as and a2 biology also a2 chemistry

heyy i seen that you've done a few isas im just wondering have you done the glucose bio as isa
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1994!)
    Hey guys,

I was also interviewed yesterday, best of luck to everyone, I'm sure you all did well. Also a massive thank you to Beth and all the other medical students helping out yesterday.

PS. Does anyone know when we are likely to hear back?
    No trouble. We had a great time. Good luck!

They're hoping to get back to everyone by the start of April but it might be as late as the first week of April. 2-3weeks max really.

(Original post by hopefuldoctor)
    I hate you all for getting interviews IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME
    That is not a helpful attitude for yourself or anyone else. It's not going to get you far in life and it certainly is not the attitude expected of someone who aims to be a doctor. BM6 is hugely oversubscribed and many very good applicants don't get interviews. However it is not acceptable to then try and make those who have managed the impossible feel bad for that. Perhaps you might consider that this attitude came across in your application and was part of the reason you didn't get offered one.

Yes it hurts to not get interviewed but 60% of all medicine applicants get 4 rejections so its not that you've been hard done by. You're just one of the majority. Yes it sucks. Yes you wanted it. No it didn't go your way. But channel that into something useful rather than hateful comments on an internet forum.

(Original post by Tammi_8)
    well aren't you lovely?
    think about what the interviewers would have made of that comment...
    Indeed.

(Original post by The.Joker)
    I understand you're feeling upset but there is more to life than medicine...
    Absolutely. PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=BethaneyJ;46830493]No trouble. We had a great time. Good luck!

They're hoping to get back to everyone by the start of April but it might be as late as the first week of April. 2-3weeks max.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Bethaney! Quick question...I'm filling out my reimbursement form and it says "Please provide the name of your contact at the university"

I think I'm being silly but who do I put here?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Limitless!;46839090]
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    No trouble. We had a great time. Good luck!

They're hoping to get back to everyone by the start of April but it might be as late as the first week of April. 2-3weeks max.

Hi Bethaney! Quick question...I'm filling out my reimbursement form and it says "Please provide the name of your contact at the university"

I think I'm being silly but who do I put here?

ReputationRep:
    Officially got rejected for bm6 today also got an interview at Bradford coming up but I really don't feel like doing clinical sciences for one year with a low chance of getting into medicine also don't really want to do medicine anymore thinking about adding extra uni choices to do either radiotherapy or health care science ugh im so stuck on what to do! Help !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=juweriyaaa;46829612]
    (Original post by barmutlu1)
    I've done the as and a2 biology also a2 chemistry

heyy i seen that you've done a few isas im just wondering have you done the glucose bio as isa
    Nope sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barmutlu1)
    Officially got rejected for bm6 today also got an interview at Bradford coming up but I really don't feel like doing clinical sciences for one year with a low chance of getting into medicine also don't really want to do medicine anymore thinking about adding extra uni choices to do either radiotherapy or health care science ugh im so stuck on what to do! Help !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you consider doing clinical science it will give you two chances of getting into medicine.
    If you don't make it through the clinical sciences, then you can always apply after graduating.
    So I would recommend the clinical science course but it's up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.