The Student Room Group

Gateley - Vac scheme?

Anyone heard from Gateley regarding vac scheme or TC?

Got a telephone interview coming up and never had one before. Not entirely sure what to expect.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks.
Reply 1
From what i remember from last years, and from a list of Qs found via Uni of Law website, it'll be mostly competency based. Shouldn't be too difficult- just know your application form, have a good range of examples for competency Qs and be able to justify your decisions.

Hope that helps! I have mine tomorrow- let me know how yours goes :smile:
Reply 2
It didnt go that well, as the line was bad and I am very ill, so really wasn't feeling it! The actual questions themselves were very, very basic. So you really shouldn't worry.

It was also very short- the person from HR didn't bother asking any follow up questions to anything I said.

Seriously, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 3
ahh what a shame! I'm feeling really ill too, mines tomorrow! In relation to questions, when you say basic is it just general competency questions rather than businessey / commercial questions?
Reply 4
I don't recall the telephone interview, but you won't find details of the assessment centres on the web since all of the candidates are sworn to secrecy!
Those of you that had the phone interview, have you heard back? Im panicking because its been over a week and I havnt heard anything :/
Reply 6
Oh, yeah I have had an AC offer for the bham office (have also heard of other bham AC invites) Got the invite a week after my Telephone interview.
:frown: Looks like I didnt make it!
Reply 8
What office did you apply for?
Reply 9
Hey,

Any idea what the Gateley AC's entail?? I can't find any info on them!
Reply 10
Original post by Aim-High
Hey,

Any idea what the Gateley AC's entail?? I can't find any info on them!

See my earlier post:

Original post by Tortious
I don't recall the telephone interview, but you won't find details of the assessment centres on the web since all of the candidates are sworn to secrecy!
Reply 11
I've spoken to someone who had a TC AC, they didnt say anything about being sworn to secrecy and they have never done VS ACs so I don't know who told you that :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by flaresamc
I've spoken to someone who had a TC AC, they didnt say anything about being sworn to secrecy and they have never done VS ACs so I don't know who told you that :s-smilie:

Grad Recruitment. We'd done a few exercises and they came into the meeting room to serve lunch and said "oh, by the way, all of this stuff is confidential". I applied straight for a TC so I haven't done the VS AC, but I'm guessing they're extremely similar - most firms seem to use the same exercises for both in that year...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending