Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Asked my ex boyfriend a question i wish i didnt now:(think i've just messed up?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically my ex broke up with me 5 weeks ago.
    and he was my first love, i am trying my hardest to move on, but its killing me.
    and this week that just went, he started sending me some really nice ok texts, and has been coming across like he wants to see me.
    and people have been saying it sounds like he missed me.

I dont know if its because i went to his wednesday, and he wasnt in, and i ended up catching up with his brother and mum and that he might of wanted to see me. but he did put a sad face in the text he sent me..

but yesterday we spoke on the phone after he went to a party and it was an ok chat. and he said to me i can see him next weekend.

But i was really silly and not that long ago just called him on the phone, i asked him all the usual questions like 'how was lastnight and if you are ok'
    but then i was really stupid and asked if he's seeing anyone.
    and now i feel like a idiot!
    because i feel like i've just messed up and ive been crying ever since i asked him that.
    everything has been seeming to be going ok between us, as he has been talking to me more, and seeming nice and we was just acting like friends and i also was ok with the whole situation between us.
    and now i just want to hide.
    I also asked him if he'd like to go out sunday(as he agreed to catch up soon) and he said Yeah sure, but i have a feeling he wont now.

The reason i asked is because i've been noticing photos on facebook of him and this girl in his class at uni, and they come across as they like one another.... and i've also been hearing this from people in his class.
    and because i of course still have feelings for him, i just wanted to know.
    and now i wish i just left it.

what should i do now?
    Was it a stupid thing to do? even though i wanted to know it help me a bit?

should i just leave him alone for the rest of the week? and see what happens next weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Chill, it's a reasonable thing to ask. Obviously it could cause problems if you start being really nosey or invasive about it, but I don't think asking once has caused any real damage. What did he say, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Just get a grip.

All you asked him if he is seeing anyone.

You obviously still like him.

SO, explain to him that you are still hung up about the break up and that it is better if you don't see him for a long time till you have got over it.

Obviously, you will probably not do this because it makes your life too simple.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a big deal, I would ask it myself in that situation and expect it to be asked in his.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theorangebox)
    Chill, it's a reasonable thing to ask. Obviously it could cause problems if you start being really nosey or invasive about it, but I don't think asking once has caused any real damage. What did he say, anyway?
    very true i guess, i'm just worried because i dont want to lose him completely from my life and i dont want that, id rather him be a friend then nothing and thats all i want right now, even though i want to be with him i know that friends is better then nothing.

and i have only asked him that one question so i guess it isnt too bad. :')

and he said to me on the phone 'nope he isnt'
    and i did say ok, i just wanted to know and said why.

and then i asked him if he's like to come out next weekend and he said yeah sure.
    i said cool, i'll come up with somewhere in the week and i'll talk to you at the end and if your till up for it and free. and he said 'yeah ok, i'll let you know if free'

but i just feel like a complete titty. ahah

but would it be ok to ask him if he's happy without me? or just leave it for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Not really a big deal, I would ask it myself in that situation and expect it to be asked in his.
    i guess, i only asked as i wanted to know, and because it will help me i just think because of how everything has been seeming even though his brother said to me he isnt with anyone.
    i just think because ive not seen him in almost 5-6 weeks and i just dont know anything i just thought it would be a good thing to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rgman27)
    Just get a grip.

All you asked him if he is seeing anyone.

You obviously still like him.

SO, explain to him that you are still hung up about the break up and that it is better if you don't see him for a long time till you have got over it.

Obviously, you will probably not do this because it makes your life too simple.
    Of course i still like him, we was together for way over a year.
    and i was used to how everthing has been for the last 2 weeks, as of course i was very hurt broke(still am) but ive realise i cant change anything and only he can.

and right now im just focusing on being friends but in time. and this week coming i think i should just give him space
    but like i said this week has been coming across as him wanting to see me.
    so yeah i admit, i need a grip but i just dont want to lose him from my life completely. its hard to get over your first love

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.