Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I met this girl online a few weeks ago and she started talking to me out of the blue as we are planning to start the same degree in September. I initially thought it was nice but then she just would not stop messaging me. I would wake up in the morning to messages from her. I thought it would stop eventually, but it just got worse.
    I would tell her I had school work to do or that I was going out with my friends and she would continue to message me and would just send question marks until I responded. She has since told me that we should go travelling together (she has even started to PLAN A TRIP) and rent a house together when we arrive at university. I was, of course, extremely reluctant because I barely even knew this girl.
    She knew whereabouts I lived (that I live near Gatwick Airport) and has arranged to go to a university open day next week. This is the worst part: she invited herself to stay at my house whilst she is in the area. She booked flights before she told me; I couldn't just leave her at the airport so I went to pick her up and it is really strange and awkward. She keeps talking about how we are going to live together and how we should go travelling and it's really freaking me out. I don't want to tell her that I don't really want to be friends with her due to her overbearing behaviour. What do I do?????

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it you really do just need to tell her. It may be difficult but if she is being that obsessive she needs to know and learn that you're not interested, otherwise things will just escalate for you

ReputationRep:
    There's no easy way out of this but the sooner you deal with it the less painful it will be. Tell her that whilst you appreciate her enthusiasm you feel that your friendship is too new to be making such big plans. Explain that you do want to be friends but that you don't feel ready to think about who you'll live with and that you don't want to go travelling. This is one of those 'pull the plaster off quickly' situations where all you can do is get it over with. Be as tacful as you can but be honest and be firm.

Poll
Do you prefer hot dogs or burgers?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.