Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So i did Core 1 As Level maths, Thinking i nailed the exam i didn't worry to much about it. I then get my result back, I get a U! Now the only reasoning i have behind this is that I didn't number the questions properly such as 1a) 1b) etc, could this have anything to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    Can you get your answer paper back? It may be worth contacting the exam board for a remark if you really think it has been marked unfairly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landing)
    So i did Core 1 As Level maths, Thinking i nailed the exam i didn't worry to much about it. I then get my result back, I get a U! Now the only reasoning i have behind this is that I didn't number the questions properly such as 1a) 1b) etc, could this have anything to do with it?
    Hi, I am so sorry about your result. To answer your question, on the front of exam papers, it does say that "You must ensure that your answers to parts of questions are clearly labelled."

I would advise you to request a copy of your paper back to see whether you deserved a U or not. If you checked your work with a teacher or independently using the official mark scheme (which you will be able to find online), and if you did better and are supposed to get a better grade, it's worth getting it remarked.

If you did actually get a U, it's worth requesting your paper back and learning from your mistakes and then giving it another shot in May/June.

Good luck and I hope they made a mistake! Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I think you messed up somewhere, I mean the alevels are checked several times by professionals. If you believe yourself you did so good then you should see how much marks you got in each section.

it will help analyze your makrs

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.