The Student Room Group

Applying for Medicine whilst on another course

Hello

I applied for Medicine last year, was unsuccessful, and am now going to study Biomedical Sciences/Medical Science in September/October. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about applying for Medicine, whilst in the first year of another degree? I'm considering applying for Medicine again in September/October - when I will have just started the bmedsci course. I know that there are unis that say that they allow this, but is it unlikely that applicants are successful? Is there anyone out there with successful or unsuccessful stories to share?! I'm so desperate to study Medicine and I'm so worried that I'll never get there! Hope someone can help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by harrietbrookes
Hello

I applied for Medicine last year, was unsuccessful, and am now going to study Biomedical Sciences/Medical Science in September/October. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about applying for Medicine, whilst in the first year of another degree? I'm considering applying for Medicine again in September/October - when I will have just started the bmedsci course. I know that there are unis that say that they allow this, but is it unlikely that applicants are successful? Is there anyone out there with successful or unsuccessful stories to share?! I'm so desperate to study Medicine and I'm so worried that I'll never get there! Hope someone can help :smile:
Hi Harrietbrookes, I am in the same position!Which Uni's did you end up applying to and were you successful?:smile: Would really appreciate feedback!!!THANKS :biggrin:
Reply 2
I only started this thread in march so haven't even started my med sci course yet, let alone applied for medicine ha. Still very unsure as to whether to go for it but I suspect I won't.
hi harriet, so what ended up happening? im in a similar situation now and dont know what to do?
anyone else got any stories?

Original post by harrietbrookes
I only started this thread in march so haven't even started my med sci course yet, let alone applied for medicine ha. Still very unsure as to whether to go for it but I suspect I won't.

Latest

Trending

Trending