Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    HEY!

Im a gap year student and have just received an unconditional offer for Criminology at Bedfordshire Uni- this uni was my first choice.. until i saw the halls.
    They showed us the best accommodation (£126 a week- out of my price range) and the worst (which looked like a cell!) and this put me right off the uni itself!

So im looking to go into renting around the area with other people, but i have no idea where to even start. Just wanting to know if anyone else is in the same position as me?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Are you going to be based on the Luton Campus? I've applied and got an offer to do a sports therapy course there & I suppose I'm in a similar boat to you! I live in Bedfordshire, about 20 miles from Luton and can't decide whether to travel everyday or get accommodation! I was looking into seeing if others were looking at getting houses because it would be so much easier than travelling but just depends on the prices of private houses. Have you had any luck looking into houses?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

Yeah i am, the bloody accomodation is so expensive and i dont know which halls are nice and which are not! Ive put a few ads out there but its so difficult doing it by yourself haha. Are you first year?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are stupidly over priced. When I had a tour of the uni we only got to have a look around Fitzroy Court and University Halls but there are around 5 others that I can only see pictures of! Yes it is difficult! Yeah I will be in September

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    If you are still looking for accomodation in luton.
    I have a 3/4 Bedroom House very close to town centre / uni, if you would like to view the property or like to know more about the property, please call - 07788 157836
    Regards

ReputationRep:
    Hello, there are two of us looking to go into a house share with two other females.
    We're third students at the Uni
    Any year students welcome, as long as you're clean, fun and friendly

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've got a spare room going, cheap rent, in a house with two 2nd year students contact for more details ASAP.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.