Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have offers from Exeter and Warwick to study French and they both ask for AAB I can't decide which one to put as my firm! I love both sport and drama and I really want to get involved with both of them at uni. Any help in deciding please!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Exeter is always in the top 10 universities for University sports, and is in the top 3 for student participation in sports. It also has a great Drama department, and has a beautiful Theater on campus that puts on shows virtually every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    Exeter is always in the top 10 universities for University sports, and is in the top 3 for student participation in sports. It also has a great Drama department, and has a beautiful Theater on campus that puts on shows virtually every week.
    Ok thank you I'm just concerned cos Exeter doesn't seem as lively as Warwick at it also seems a little smaller than Warwick as well

ReputationRep:
    Another thing to keep in mind, is that you can easily walk to the Exeter clubs from campus your first year, and 2nd and 3 year it is a 10 minute walk to campus( if you live off campus) and to the clubs. This is not the case at Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Warwick and it's amazing. We have a massive arts centre and student drama is incredible, with the best facilities anywhere I think. I'm not so big on sport but there's plenty of it, and the gym has just been refurbished and it's great.

Academically I think Warwick's right up there: it's always been in the top ten of domestic league tables since they started (and I think only Oxbridge, Imperial and LSE are the only other ones who can say that) and it just seems generally very forward-thinking and exciting. Also it'll celebrate its 50th birthday in 2015 and it will be exciting to be there when that happens

Personally speaking I prefer the campus at Warwick too.

So - your choice of course but come to Warwick!

ReputationRep:
    yeah when i visited Warwick the arts centre was very impressive Thank you so much this has been a great help! Also would you say that taking part in both drama and sport societies is taking on too much considering my academic work as well?

ReputationRep:
    It depends really. There is a lot of work - if you want to do well in the humanities I think you have to put in a lot of extra reading - but I think it's about the kind of person you are really. I'm the kind of person who needs a lot of time to think and to be by myself so I'd find it very hard to study and do lots of heavy extra-curricular stuff. If you're the kind of person who loves to be busy and be around loads of people you could do a lot more.

Also I think first year is a good time to find out what suits you, before it gets heavier in the second year.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok I'm more the type of person who likes to be busy so doing lots will suit me

Also, for exeter would you say it is better to be self catered or catered because for Warwick I know its's all self catered which is nice because it's all decided for you. But with Exeter there seems a lot of options when it comes to accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiliaGD)
    Ahh ok I'm more the type of person who likes to be busy so doing lots will suit me

Also, for exeter would you say it is better to be self catered or catered because for Warwick I know its's all self catered which is nice because it's all decided for you. But with Exeter there seems a lot of options when it comes to accomodation.
    Self-catered without a shadow of a doubt.

Catered is around £30 per week more expensive, so is more than you would spend on food in self-catered, also it restricts you to having to eat at specific times, gets boring very quickly, and if you have to feed yourself then you learn to cook, which is always useful.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I was in catered and prefer this system.
    -Don't have to waste time shopping or cleaning up.
    -With catered, you always eat with the same people. I am very social, and enjoyed sitting with different groups of people and making a lot of friends at each meal.( I was in Holland Hall last year, and it was the best year of my life).So you definitely meet more people this way.

Sorry, I meant to say with Self- Catered you always eat with the same people.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.