The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow University accommodation

I want to put Glasgow as my Insurance choice, but I'm unsure about the likelihood of getting university accommodation in Caincross, QW or Murano street should I have to fall back on my insurance. I really don't want to have to share because I'm an appallingly bad sleeper too.

Can anybody who's been through this before or has any insight into what the process is give me any advice.

Thanks in advance!

(I have been trying to post in Glasgow accommodation threads before, but Ive had no replies probably due to the shear numbers of the posts!)
Reply 1
bump... anyone... please...
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by amabella
I want to put Glasgow as my Insurance choice, but I'm unsure about the likelihood of getting university accommodation in Caincross, QW or Murano street should I have to fall back on my insurance. I really don't want to have to share because I'm an appallingly bad sleeper too.

Can anybody who's been through this before or has any insight into what the process is give me any advice.

Thanks in advance!

(I have been trying to post in Glasgow accommodation threads before, but Ive had no replies probably due to the shear numbers of the posts!)

I rang up the other day and they said that if you apply early you will get what you put top on your list

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by benwfowler
I rang up the other day and they said that if you apply early you will get what you put top on your list

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even in when applying for accommodation in August?
Reply 4
Even in when applying for accommodation in August?

I'm not sure, but from why I've heard it sounds like whenever you apply you get what you want. Why can't you apply now anyway?
I think you can apply even if you haven't chosen it as your firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by benwfowler
I'm not sure, but from why I've heard it sounds like whenever you apply you get what you want. Why can't you apply now anyway?
I think you can apply even if you haven't chosen it as your firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your help, I just asked though and I'm not allowed to apply for accommodation until August should I need too.

Still unsure of my chances of getting a single room in Caincross, Murano or QW, if anybody is reading?
Reply 6
Thanks for your help, I just asked though and I'm not allowed to apply for accommodation until August should I need too.

Still unsure of my chances of getting a single room in Caincross, Murano or QW, if anybody is reading?

Ohh, sorry. I thought you could. Why don't you ring them up and ask what your chances are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
If it's of any help, the rooms at Murano and QM are all single rooms. The only shared rooms are at Cairncross.

Quick Reply

Latest