Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious about what physics admissions seem to like in your PS/interview related to physics.

Here's what I've got/have planned so far:
    • I've read every pop sci book known to man
    • going to Sutton trust this summer
    • went to a public physics lecture in January, another coming up this month
    • hoping to take the UKMC and physics Olympiad next year

What else can I do to show my interest and aptitude for physics?
    Also, how do you think I stand with my current list of 'achievements', so to speak.

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flavius11)
    In terms of interviews, the absolute key thing is enthusiasm. If you come across as the kind of guy/girl who absolutely loves Physics and who they can see would work hard on the course then providing you don't say something absolutely stupid I imagine the vast majority of tutors would want to teach you. A great deal of how you come across as enthusiastic is probably already in place; if you're the kind of person who can sit and talk to someone about your subject and get genuinely excited/interested then you're already halfway there. The other angle I would look at is making sure you're very up to date on what's being discussed in the science journals and trying to understand the basics of what is being said. Someone who reads a Physics journal for 6 months and is able to cite examples from that reading is going to look so much better than someone who doesn't.

So basically: enthusiasm + reading = a very good basis to work from.

Best of luck!
    Cheers! I'm hoping I come across as enthusiastic as I really do love physics!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.