Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For my assignment I have to write about a variety of different system components and give reasons for why have "x" one could improve the system. Could anyone provide any good reasons for why graphic cards have an impact on Computer systems performance.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths94)
    For my assignment I have to write about a variety of different system components and give reasons for why have "x" one could improve the system. Could anyone provide any good reasons for why graphic cards have an impact on Computer systems performance.
    How about reducing the processing load of the CPU?

How about allows optimising each processor

How about reducing the peripheral component space required on the motherboard.

How about allows dedicated memory for the graphics task.

How about allows optimising architecture and software for each separate task.

How about mitigating the thermal demands for a single processor by splitting the thermal output and adding a separate cooling system.

How about splitting the power supply demands and routing of power cables.

Just to be getting along with.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.