Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    to all those who are waiting: chillax duddes!! meaning chill and relax
    the decisions are out of our hands. It wont be long b4 we know. But whatever happens it will not be the end of the world but the beginning of a new chapter in our lives as we move on to uni or other endeavours.

It will not help if you are guilty of the following:
    1 freaking out
    2 refusing to sleep
    3 hardly eating
    4 posting numerous threads tying to find out if your colleagues have received any offers.
    5 'harassing' the UCAS website
    6 telling every one that you will not get an offer but secretly wishing with all your heart that you do (trying to get encouragement from others)

Remember in whatever situation you may be in, you can excel if you persevere!!

cheers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    to all those who are waiting: chillax duddes!! meaning chill and relax
    the decisions are out of our hands. It wont be long b4 we know. But whatever happens it will not be the end of the world but the beginning of a new chapter in our lives as we move on to uni or other endeavours.

It will not help if you are guilty of the following:
    1 freaking out
    2 refusing to sleep
    3 hardly eating
    4 posting numerous threads tying to find out if your colleagues have received any offers.
    5 'harassing' the UCAS website
    6 telling every one that you will not get an offer but secretly wishing with all your heart that you do (trying to get encouragement from others)

Remember in whatever situation you may be in, you can excel if you persevere!!

cheers!!
    hey, didn't apply to LSE (nor for economics) but to me they sound like words of wisdom so just wanted to say good on you!

ReputationRep:
    yea what u said is all gd....i got kicked out last week by LSE...should be really close within acceptance/rejection but still....
    still pretty depressed by this coz...it could be wrong but i just think the level of my achievement has been undermined a lot...although i've still got choices from warwk, nott and man. (for A&F)and very possibly UCL(Econ & stat)
    i don't know whether i should be satisfied with what i've already got....but it's sth i had my heart set on it yet at the end...anyway thx for the words i need to lift myself back up again as soon as possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaSTle OUtsiDeR)
    yea what u said is all gd....i got kicked out last week by LSE...should be really close within acceptance/rejection but still....
    still pretty depressed by this coz...it could be wrong but i just think the level of my achievement has been undermined a lot...although i've still got choices from warwk, nott and man. (for A&F)and very possibly UCL(Econ & stat)
    i don't know whether i should be satisfied with what i've already got....but it's sth i had my heart set on it yet at the end...anyway thx for the words i need to lift myself back up again as soon as possible
    i have done a degree already so i know the anxiety that usually happens when you are waiting for a decision...but I have also learned that getting into a university is just the first step...the real challenge comes when you are there and the huge amount of work you have to accomplish while maintaining a social life!! Warwick Man and Nott are great unis (warwick my fav) so you would do well to go to any of them. Dont be discouraged about lse your worth will be proved at any of the above unis.
    good luck!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.