Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do I ask a girl out? Watch

I'm in Year 10, and I really like this girl. I'm good friends with her, so I could trust her to keep it secret if she says no, but I've never been successful with girls before (never kissed a girl etc...). How should I ask her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in Year 10, and I really like this girl. I'm good friends with her, so I could trust her to keep it secret if she says no, but I've never been successful with girls before (never kissed a girl etc...). How should I ask her?
    Well as your in your in year 10 can't excatly go to a bar .... ask her out for coffee or something

ReputationRep:
    Start a conversation about any topic and gradually lead it towards your planned date activity (coffee/cinema or whatever else you think you'd both enjoy). This ensures that you're both relaxed and that your suggestion for a date doesn't come across as too spontaneous when you ask her.

So for example, if you want to take her out for a coffee, talk about coffee for a while, which ones you/she like(s), which ones you/she don't/doesn't like and then say "Hey, would you like to grab a coffee tomorrow/next week?".

If she says no, smile and say "Ok, maybe some other time" - being turned down doesn't have to be anything to be embarrassed about at all.

One last tip: Try to be as confident as you can, lead the conversation

Good luck!

Problem is, I'm not the best looking, or the most normal...

ReputationRep:
    don't be ashamed about that, don't make the same mistake i did; i didn't what i had till i lost it, ask her out, what do you have to loose by asking her out

(Original post by Tcrumpen)
    don't be ashamed about that, don't make the same mistake i did; i didn't what i had till i lost it, ask her out, what do you have to loose by asking her out
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There's no harm in asking her out still. Beauty lies in the eye of viewer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tcrumpen)
    Well as your in your in year 10 can't excatly go to a bar .... ask her out for coffee or something
    Lol year 10's drinking coffee haha go home mate your drunk

ReputationRep:
    she won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siwelmail)
    she won't.
    hahah i had to laugh because it's probably true, i can't think of many girls who wouldn't tell their friends that someone asked them out, even though she might tell her friends to not say anything she's likely to tell someone.

(Original post by lazershus)
    hahah i had to laugh because it's probably true, i can't think of many girls who wouldn't tell their friends that someone asked them out, even though she might tell her friends to not say anything she's likely to tell someone.
    That's a problem, yeah, but who knows. 1 in a billion maybe? :P

ReputationRep:
    'Hi, fancy going out for __________ sometime?' And no, she won't keep it a secret but who cares, people will respect you for having the guts to ask her.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about films then lead the convo into asking her if shed be interested in going out to see X film at some point , the half term thats coming up maybe ?

ReputationRep:
    Ask does she fancy doing something, going for a walk (with a dog maybe), cinema, other activity a museum perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    If you have pets you could invite her to see them. Girls like cute animals.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    If you have pets you could invite her to see them. Girls like cute animals.
    Strong username to post-content ratio. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the best looking myself but the key I have found that works, make them laugh.

ReputationRep:
    ask her out? As in ****ing ask her out? carve her name into your stomach with a filet knife thatll get her attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    ask her out? As in ****ing ask her out? carve her name into your stomach with a filet knife thatll get her attention.
    And possibly a trip to the local nut house.....

ReputationRep:
    Easy, most girls that age like to think they're more mature than the guys they associate with, thats because most guys that age have no real confidence! Dont know what your current relationship is like but be assertive, ask her out for a meal, chances are no one ever asked her out to dinner, it will surprise her and at the very least let her know what your intentions are take control bro, best of luck to you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.