Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    i've applied to do chemistry on ucas and am stuck deciding between surrey a bsc with an industrial year or manchester bsc

is work experience valued more over russell group unis or the other way around?

if anyone could let me know that would be great!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go into industry then a placement year will help you a lot. If you want to go into research then a russell group uni can provided better facilities.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you want to go into after university, but I'd say the placement year would be more useful if you wanted to go into industry, and it would be an excellent place to make contacts, whereas if you wanted to go into research then the russell group would be more appropriate. Both of them are really good universities- it just depends on what sort of job you want to be easier to go into afterwards. Going to one or the other will not rule out any job prospects.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.