Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I want to become a fully qualified chartered accountant, do I have to do a Accounting and Finance degree at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan_UK)
    If I want to become a fully qualified chartered accountant, do I have to do a Accounting and Finance degree at Uni?
    Yes, but more important is a selection of dour gray suits and a boring personality. Are you truly up to the challenge?

no you do not, a related degree will be good enough, then CIMA and ACCA train you up real good and u work for them

if i dont make it to dentistry this year im taking a year out and going for accoutnign and finance

(Original post by Howard)
    Yes, but more important is a selection of dour gray suits and a boring personality. Are you truly up to the challenge?
    see you're stupid, arrogant sterotypical views have just shown right through you

SHUT THE **** UP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan_UK)
    You dont have to do a degree at all. My friend was qualified at 21 and shes never been to uni (although shes doing an open uni course for fun (crazy freak) now!)

ReputationRep:
    and you will have to wade through huge amounts of americanized texts if you want to earn the big bucks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa12)
    see you're stupid, arrogant sterotypical views have just shown right through you

SHUT THE **** UP
    **** off you humorless **** boy.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised. I think it either makes you into a prematurely boring old fart or it does completely the opposite and you become a bit of a rebel lol.

**** off you humorless **** boy.
    i think most of us would agree there was no humour in your above statement

and your selection of vocabulary makes you look even worse, ' **** '
    such a horrible sounding word

ReputationRep:
    its no worse than F*ck which you used.

ReputationRep:

Howard is funny, you're not.

ReputationRep:
    The course which looks most likely I am doing now is Accounting Management, which is related - so I start truly training once left Uni.

Howard: I guess I'll stand out then

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't mind so much if I was actually talking to you. But I wasn't.

Don't find my humor "funny"? Fair enough. Just say so. No need to get all serious talking about "stereotypes" and finish up with "SHUT THE **** UP" was there? As you sow, so shall you reap.

happysunshine, shush ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    its no worse than F*ck which you used.
    just wanna say, the C word is sooooooo much worse than the F word!!

ReputationRep:
    happysunshine, shush ugly.
    ahhh, the irony amazes me

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.