Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone starting Mental Health Nursing in April 2013 (8th) at Bangor Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dax563)
    Is anyone starting Mental Health Nursing in April 2013 (8th) at Bangor Uni?
    Hi there Dax, I am Please to meet you!

ReputationRep:
    Do you know of anyone else starting in April? Have you had all your paperwork through yet?

ReputationRep:
    I have had all my paper work through yes had it 3 days ago still juggling the intracacies of these dammed SLC forms and the bursary stuf ahhhhhhhhh:eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    You will be fine, just read the help notes Or if all else fails, ask me and I'll ask my hubby who did the bursary one. I filled in the student loan one

ReputationRep:
    I am also starting mh nursing on 8th April.

ReputationRep:
    hi Julie we have a page on face book if your on FB it is callled Bangor University, Nursing Students, March 2013 Intake

ReputationRep:
    Hi Julie Here's the link to the fb group, if your on facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/417320471661682/

Are you looking forward to starting, are you ready yet? :confused:

Talk soon

ReputationRep:
    Thanks,i'll have a look at the facebook page later. i think i'm ready for uni,though a bit nervous as i've been at home with the kids for 5 years,so a bit worried about getting back to full time studying!
    Also hoping i'm not the oldest student there

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody tell me how many places they usually have available for mental health at Bangor. Isn't it something like 15?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a fb group for the September intake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoOneYouNo)
    Can anybody tell me how many places they usually have available for mental health at Bangor. Isn't it something like 15?

Hi there, in this intake there's 13 of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spam666)
    Is there a fb group for the September intake?
    Hi there Spam666

I'm not sure if there's a group for Sept. Have you had an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I will also be doing mental health nursing at Bangor but in September I was just wondering if it would ok to chat with one of you about the course etc as you have already started it.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there Anwen Very pleased to meet you.

Ask anything you like, I'm sure we'd be happy to help if we can.

About three of us from this thread so far have just finished our fresher week and we start proper tomorrow.

If you are on Facebook you may wish to create a group for the September intake for nurse students starting then. I did this and it's been worthwhile. Before we started we shared our concerns and experiences regarding bursary, maintenance loans, timetables for holidays, childcare etc. We arranged to meet up before we started in a local car park so we didn't have to walk in alone, so we supported each other. This may be something you and your cohort could do.

Right I've waffled away enough, what do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Thank you for your reply

I have made another thread and asked if anyone is doing MH in September but have heard nothing yet, maybe it is a little too early.

Basically when I start I will be travelling from Wrexham everyday; which is a 3 hour round trip so I wanted to know how often you are at uni, what time lectures usually start and finish? Usually do you have days off in the week etc?

Thank you, I am very worried about how much it is going to cost me!

Any info would be much appreciated but I know you are just starting out.
    Congrats on getting through the first week

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=kenrymummy;41990221]Thanks,i'll have a look at the facebook page later. i think i'm ready for uni,though a bit nervous as i've been at home with the kids for 5 years,so a bit worried about getting back to full time studying!
    Also hoping i'm not the oldest student there [/QUOTE

Hi i am also a OLDER applicant, i am 30, and have my interview on friday. what did they ask u when u had urs?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=kirsty1982;44176177]
    (Original post by kenrymummy)
    Thanks,i'll have a look at the facebook page later. i think i'm ready for uni,though a bit nervous as i've been at home with the kids for 5 years,so a bit worried about getting back to full time studying!
    Also hoping i'm not the oldest student there [/QUOTE

Hi i am also a OLDER applicant, i am 30, and have my interview on friday. what did they ask u when u had urs?
    Hi Kirsty,
    When I had my interview it was very brief,they just asked me why I chose mental health nursing and what i'd done before. the lecturers who interviewed me have now left,but the mental health lecturers there now are really nice. I'm on facebook if you want to get in touch via that to ask anything about the course,or my email is [email protected].

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.