Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've posted a few times about friends. But I really need some advice. It may be a bit long, so I hope you don't mind.

Awhile back, my friends were teasing me and I felt it was mean spirited, so I told one girl part of the group that it's getting to me and this other girl in the group asked me what was wrong so I told her. This was back in January.

I told the two girls not to tell the rest of them, because I was scared of causing an argument.

The whole of the group found out. But the two girls I told completely twisted my words and said that I've said mean stuff which I haven't.

One of the girls actually came round my house when I was really ill the other week. She started to have a go at me, luckily my mum was home otherwise it was of been a catastrophe. I told her I was scared of the group that's why I didn't confront them about the teasing, I literally was in tears. I explained everything and she said she would try and get the group to cooperate. She made me feel like a bully.

But the annoying thing is, the group don't even talk to me anymore, they leave me out even more and this sounds petty, but they've even got a separate conversation on Facebook and they're arranging to go to different places without me. I'm just being ignored all the time. Maybe I am being paranoid.

I have depression, right, and this year has been horrible already. Especially with this and other stuff.

I think they're trying to kick me out the group. I have no one to talk to or anything. I just feel like I've hit rock bottom. I don't know what to do because I have no other friends. I thought they were my friends.

Any advice will be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bump?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahk17)
    I've posted a few times about friends. But I really need some advice. It may be a bit long, so I hope you don't mind.

Awhile back, my friends were teasing me and I felt it was mean spirited, so I told one girl part of the group that it's getting to me and this other girl in the group asked me what was wrong so I told her. This was back in January.

I told the two girls not to tell the rest of them, because I was scared of causing an argument.

The whole of the group found out. But the two girls I told completely twisted my words and said that I've said mean stuff which I haven't.

One of the girls actually came round my house when I was really ill the other week. She started to have a go at me, luckily my mum was home otherwise it was of been a catastrophe. I told her I was scared of the group that's why I didn't confront them about the teasing, I literally was in tears. I explained everything and she said she would try and get the group to cooperate. She made me feel like a bully.

But the annoying thing is, the group don't even talk to me anymore, they leave me out even more and this sounds petty, but they've even got a separate conversation on Facebook and they're arranging to go to different places without me. I'm just being ignored all the time. Maybe I am being paranoid.

I have depression, right, and this year has been horrible already. Especially with this and other stuff.

I think they're trying to kick me out the group. I have no one to talk to or anything. I just feel like I've hit rock bottom. I don't know what to do because I have no other friends. I thought they were my friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had the same issue before I joined Six Form - they excluded me from everything ! I found the best way to cope was to act as an independant person and seek advice from other friends- if you don't have this don't be shy and talk to other people in class/work ? Your 'other' friends are probably jealous. I know this is a cliche reason but it is true- they act in a selfish manor as they are uncertain of themselves and enjoy having control over somebody else's happiness. If they know this is getting to you - it will only get worse so even when your feeling down think positively and put on a brave face and they are more likely to accept you back into the group . This way you can pretend to be their friends until you find some better friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polkadot2)
    I had the same issue before I joined Six Form - they excluded me from everything ! I found the best way to cope was to act as an independant person and seek advice from other friends- if you don't have this don't be shy and talk to other people in class/work ? Your 'other' friends are probably jealous. I know this is a cliche reason but it is true- they act in a selfish manor as they are uncertain of themselves and enjoy having control over somebody else's happiness. If they know this is getting to you - it will only get worse so even when your feeling down think positively and put on a brave face and they are more likely to accept you back into the group . This way you can pretend to be their friends until you find some better friends.
    It really doesn't suck doesn't it!

I'm a shy person, so I struggle to make friends, and I don't trust anyone. I'm actually going independent, from now on I'll be on my own at break and lunch. Today I spoke to the school counsellor and at lunch I did my art.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't suck doesn't it!

I'm a shy person, so I struggle to make friends, and I don't trust anyone. I'm actually going independent, from now on I'll be on my own at break and lunch. Today I spoke to the school counsellor and at lunch I did my art.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's really good that you feel confident enough to speak to the school counsellor - it is a good idea to distract yourself in other ways - besides you may make friends in art club x

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Admit I didn't read all of it but my best advice is to **** them. Get new friends and stop clinging onto these people that sound like they wouldn't give a damn if you died. Girls, well no actually, guys too, can be right *****es, nice to your face but they stab you in the back as soon as it's turned. They like to feel safe and accepted in their little cliques and often one person is excluded by the rest through fear of being excluded themselves. Fact. Believe me it's happened to me many times, like pretty much everyone else, but it's a valuable lesson and you find out who your real friends are and that sometimes you can only trust yourself. Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    It's really good that you feel confident enough to speak to the school counsellor - it is a good idea to distract yourself in other ways - besides you may make friends in art club x
    Thanks she was really assuring and because of my depression she wants me to speak to the school nurse and be referred to CAMHS x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissCellaneous94)
    Admit I didn't read all of it but my best advice is to **** them. Get new friends and stop clinging onto these people that sound like they wouldn't give a damn if you died. Girls, well no actually, guys too, can be right *****es, nice to your face but they stab you in the back as soon as it's turned. They like to feel safe and accepted in their little cliques and often one person is excluded by the rest through fear of being excluded themselves. Fact. Believe me it's happened to me many times, like pretty much everyone else, but it's a valuable lesson and you find out who your real friends are and that sometimes you can only trust yourself. Sad but true.
    Ah man it's so sad because I thought they were my friends. I'd probably be better on my own! Completely sucks with all this *****iness, I've had it all my life with people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks she was really assuring and because of my depression she wants me to speak to the school nurse and be referred to CAMHS x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's CAMHS? X

ReputationRep:
    What's CAMHS? X
    This counselling service for young adults and children x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.