Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I took the AQA Psychology B Unit 3 Paper in Jan and got a C, my UMS was 68 and my teacher said I was only one mark off a B. Last year I got 74 UMS and 75 in Unit 1 and 2, so am on a solid B. I need AAB for uni (also taking History and English Lit) do you think it is worth getting my paper remarked to take it up to a higher B so I might be able to get it up to an A overall in the summer exam? Or should I just not risk dropping marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloew345)
    I took the AQA Psychology B Unit 3 Paper in Jan and got a C, my UMS was 68 and my teacher said I was only one mark off a B. Last year I got 74 UMS and 75 in Unit 1 and 2, so am on a solid B. I need AAB for uni (also taking History and English Lit) do you think it is worth getting my paper remarked to take it up to a higher B so I might be able to get it up to an A overall in the summer exam? Or should I just not risk dropping marks?
    So you need AAB. What grades are you sitting on for History and Eng Lit? If you feel that you have done worse than expected then yeah you could get a remark if you want. If you don't feel that you've got a lower score then expected, then I think you may need to reconsider and ruminate. As it's risky because if they remark it and give you a lower grade this time, then I'm afraid that you'll have to keep it. It costs around £30-35 I believe but it does vary from each exam board.

ReputationRep:
    You would 63 in the summer (C) to get a B overall. (I'm guessing that's what you're aiming fpr.) I personally think that's achievable, but if you want more of a safety net, then yes a remark would be sensible seeing as you're so close to the boundary and it is an essay exam so marking's more subjective than say Maths. You could request your paper back first for your teacher to check so you can sure it's likely to go uom but I doubt you'd go down enough to drop a whole grade. I wouldn't bother with a resit.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a chat with my teacher, and think I'm just going to leave it now - not worth the money or the risk of it going down! So just need to get a low C in the summer exam and I should be on track for a B

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.