Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 16 year old male and was thinking about buying one of these boots:

My mates called the first one slightly camp, although I think they look ok, whilst I also really like the 2nd one, and it also seems more subtle:

I was thinking of wearing them with black skinnies or something.

ReputationRep:
    First ones are going to be very hard to pull off. Of all the guys I know, I can think of maybe a couple that could wear those without looking camp. The second ones are better but I don't like yellow, so I wouldn't buy them myself.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Simple black looks good on guys...especially with skinny jeans or just denim jeans in general.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with number 2 - more versatile - though if you haven't invested in some plain black / blue / oxblood ones, I would also recommend getting some of those for everydaywear.

Hell, who am I kidding, they're ALL awesome.

I'd tell you to buy every pair if I could. Except maybe the first pair you posted. They're a bit feminine, which is fine if you're cool with that, but you'd need quite a bit of confidence to rock them / deal with people saying you're wearing girl shoes. (Not that that is a bad thing in itself - and if you're going to challenge gender norms, DMs are a good shoe to do that in!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweedy)
    I'd go with number 2 - more versatile - though if you haven't invested in some plain black / blue / oxblood ones, I would also recommend getting some of those for everydaywear.

Hell, who am I kidding, they're ALL awesome.

I'd tell you to buy every pair if I could. Except maybe the first pair you posted. They're a bit feminine, which is fine if you're cool with that, but you'd need quite a bit of confidence to rock them / deal with people saying you're wearing girl shoes. (Not that that is a bad thing in itself - and if you're going to challenge gender norms, DMs are a good shoe to do that in!)
    Yeah I already have some army boots, so I wanted something different

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like the second ones, the first are kind of girly. I've had my eye on a pair of the plain white ones for some time, I reckon they'd look awesome with black jeans.

ReputationRep:
    I love the first ones!
    Although I also like the second ones and they'd be more versatile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USRaphael)
    I like the second ones, the first are kind of girly. I've had my eye on a pair of the plain white ones for some time, I reckon they'd look awesome with black jeans.
    yeah, plus white go with practically anything, so I'm also looking at the plain white ones

ReputationRep:
    I actually prefer the first pair even though they're a little "out there". If you've got the confidence go for them! If not plain white ones would be a good option.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.