Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

So my best friend for a few years now has been slowly drifting away from me and my other male best friend, since she's started going out with her new boyfriend.
    This said boyfriend isn't the nicest person in the world and it's hard for us to get along with him because of this, so we never see her anymore because she's either not in (at another school to do Spanish) or with him somewhere. I'm getting really hurt how it appears that she is just dumping us for this new boyfriend. Her other best friend feels exactly the same as we do, and it hurts so much the fact that we don't see her anymore.
    I've had friendship issues in the past and I felt that her and I clicked really well (first person I met that this happened, so naturally I was ecstatic for this friendship to endure for a long time), so since this has happened, I feel rejected.
    I've tried to talk to her and keep in contact, but she is one of those people that don't look at messages, or any sort of form of communication so trying to get through to her is mission impossible.
    Amongst sadness, I'm also getting p****d off as she promised after her recent breakup from her ex that she would still be around and stuff.

What do I do? Should I confront her about this, or just move on and try not to get hurt?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Idk how old you guys are or anything but I guess what I'd do is just wait for her to contact you again- if you really have a friendship which clicks, you should mean a lot to her too, so giver her a little time to get used to having this new guy in her life and it won't be long before she misses her friends being there and starts contacting you again. Me and my best friend have known each other for 7 years now, and we go through phases of talking every day to not talking hardly at all for a month, but at the end of the day we have each others' backs and neither of us gets offended if the other is incommunicado for a few days at a time, because we know we'll be back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nia_Beth)
    So my best friend for a few years now has been slowly drifting away from me and my other male best friend, since she's started going out with her new boyfriend.
    This said boyfriend isn't the nicest person in the world and it's hard for us to get along with him because of this, so we never see her anymore because she's either not in (at another school to do Spanish) or with him somewhere. I'm getting really hurt how it appears that she is just dumping us for this new boyfriend. Her other best friend feels exactly the same as we do, and it hurts so much the fact that we don't see her anymore.
    I've had friendship issues in the past and I felt that her and I clicked really well (first person I met that this happened, so naturally I was ecstatic for this friendship to endure for a long time), so since this has happened, I feel rejected.
    I've tried to talk to her and keep in contact, but she is one of those people that don't look at messages, or any sort of form of communication so trying to get through to her is mission impossible.
    Amongst sadness, I'm also getting p****d off as she promised after her recent breakup from her ex that she would still be around and stuff.

What do I do? Should I confront her about this, or just move on and try not to get hurt?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you should make it clear you still want to be friends and that your their for her. If she isn't spending time with you and you have a bad feeling about the boyf then she might need you when/ if they break up. I think it will turn out alright

(Original post by Charli-p)
    Idk how old you guys are or anything but I guess what I'd do is just wait for her to contact you again- if you really have a friendship which clicks, you should mean a lot to her too, so giver her a little time to get used to having this new guy in her life and it won't be long before she misses her friends being there and starts contacting you again. Me and my best friend have known each other for 7 years now, and we go through phases of talking every day to not talking hardly at all for a month, but at the end of the day we have each others' backs and neither of us gets offended if the other is incommunicado for a few days at a time, because we know we'll be back
    Thank you very much for the advice. I have been doing this for a while, but it hurts not having her around.
    We are both 17 and in the final year of A Levels. So the friendship is looking to deteriorate when we go to uni, if this continues, and I love her to bits and don't want to lose her, but she's really hurting me (and other friends) to the point that I don't even know if I want to keep the friendship going as I don't wanna get hurt again when she gets into her next relationship.

Feelings are so confusing

(Original post by Polkadot2)
    I think you should make it clear you still want to be friends and that your their for her. If she isn't spending time with you and you have a bad feeling about the boyf then she might need you when/ if they break up. I think it will turn out alright
    I hope so.
    Thank you for the advice

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I had friends for 20 and 15 years and they have all gone the same year. Acctualy the last few years they never had time for me, there was always some business or something very important to do. But also one got children and he is very acctive, however I have tried to save the friendship untill one day I had enough. I do not see nither of them. I do not need a friend who has never time for me and is an selfish egosit seeing just his interest. I have moved on. If I see them I just say hi, but I never go to see them again to their homes and I do not call them never again. I have been a friend, they have forgot the friendship and I have forgot them. Sometimes you change, they change and the life's go on.

After a year or two I have met other people or a person which I adore and she is a friend to me. And I think sometimes things happen and is good to see the situation as it is and move on.

If she does not have any time, just ignore her. They say that you know a real friend in difficult situation. I have found that those ex two were never real friends, they were just selfish individuals and after I have change I didn't want to see them they have their lives and I have mine.
    Now I have a friend who cares about me and has to be that way in both ways , not you care and they don't . That isn't a friendship. No meter if you are 5 or 10 years friends. U need to know that you are worth something more ...

Gl

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people just drift away from us sometimes, who we became friends with aren't the same people we knew years later. I've found that out as well, and it's confusing and kind of melancholic. However, if she's only just met this guy then it's possible that she's still wrapped up in the excitement of a new relationship and of course your dislike of him isn't going to make things better.

I'd just back off a bit and wait for her to come to you, don't what you do tell her that you don't like him because you'll just push her further away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.