Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Tea & Biscuits - To Dunk or Not to Dunk... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Too subversive. Triathlon and Racing Bike Hire in Stafford www.d2ride.co.uk Triathlon and Racing Bike Hire in Stafford www.d2ride.co.uk Triathlon and Racing Bike Hire in Stafford www.d2ride.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's much more quintessentially British than dunking biscuits. That's my excuse for an unhealthy habit anyhoo.

Nothing quite like some Bourbons, Rich Tea and a nice cuppa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flibble22)
    I don't think there's much more quintessentially British than dunking biscuits. That's my excuse for an unhealthy habit anyhoo.

Nothing quite like some Bourbons, Rich Tea and a nice cuppa.
    Do you mean to say that on the continent they don't dunk? (Genuinely I don't know)

I guess they hardly even drink tea there, which is - in my experience - likely due to the fact that it's basically impossible to get decent milk for it. Working in Germany was painful for me 'cos I didn't have a decent cup of tea for months...

ReputationRep:
    I am reconsidering my stance on dunking; I just dunked a dark chocolate digestive, licked the molten chocolate a bit too forcefully, and it broke apart and fell down my top... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Practice makes perfect with dunking, the amount of time you leave it in without losing half of it depends on the heat of the drink and the type of biscuit.

I love dunking chocolate coated biscuits like chocolate digestives, so the chocolate layer melts :coma:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Cup of tea. Packet of hobnobs.

We got ourselves a party :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fan of using a biscuit as an edible straw e.g. bite both ends of a cadburys finger biscuit and drink, however leads to incredibly sticky hands as your straw disintegrates within your grasp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohwowpistol)
    I'm a fan of using a biscuit as an edible straw e.g. bite both ends of a cadburys finger biscuit and drink, however leads to incredibly sticky hands as your straw disintegrates within your grasp!
    Excellent idea! I am now off to the shops to get Cadbury finger biscuits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyb99)
    Excellent idea! I am now off to the shops to get Cadbury finger biscuits!
    My favourite thing was went they did the limited edition full packs of just white chocolate fingers over Christmas a few years ago, my tea consumption actually doubled just as an excuse to eat a few packets in a row.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohwowpistol)
    My favourite thing was went they did the limited edition full packs of just white chocolate fingers over Christmas a few years ago, my tea consumption actually doubled just as an excuse to eat a few packets in a row.
    I don't know how I managed to miss those! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how I managed to miss those! :eek:
    For some reason they didn't seem to sell either those or the White Chocolate Digestives this year over Christmas. I was absolutely gutted.

ReputationRep:
    I am reconsidering my stance on dunking; I just dunked a dark chocolate digestive, licked the molten chocolate a bit too forcefully, and it broke apart and fell down my top... :erm:
    Ahem. Similarly, this is making me reconsider my stance in the opposite direction.

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me sad, not only because I'm allergic to tea but because I don't like biscuits either. My life is worthless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    Basic question and one we've all faced.

You're having a cup of tea, and you've got some biscuits. Do you or do you not dunk the biscuit in the tea?

I personally NEVER dunk and I've never felt more strongly about anything than how I feel about this. Ok not really, but I dislike it.

Dunking soggies up the biscuit, and it leaves gloop in the bottom of your tea mug. You want a bit of crisp to your biscuit and the tea comes in afterwards to cleanse your palate.

WHO'S WITH ME?!
    I'M WITH YOU BROTHER! Exact same I feel pretty strongly about it, really dislike dunking. Right now I'm eating cookies while drinking a pint of tea. I will take a bite of cookie then wash it down with tea, it MUST be crisp when you bite it. Obviously not with chewy cookies, but still you eat the biscuit/cookie first, chew it/crunch it up, then wash the rest down with the mouthful of tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    This thread makes me sad, not only because I'm allergic to tea but because I don't like biscuits either. My life is worthless.
    I wish I could tell you otherwise but yeah, pretty much. A world without tea is one I couldn't bear.

(Original post by joey11223)
    I'M WITH YOU BROTHER! Exact same I feel pretty strongly about it, really dislike dunking. Right now I'm eating cookies while drinking a pint of tea. I will take a bite of cookie then wash it down with tea, it MUST be crisp when you bite it. Obviously not with chewy cookies, but still you eat the biscuit/cookie first, chew it/crunch it up, then wash the rest down with the mouthful of tea.
    A kindred spirit. At long last! :bl: Also, kudos for the pint of tea. I'm drinking my tea from a big mug that says 'Soup' on it, 'cos I'm a rulebreaker like that.

ReputationRep:
    Dunk dunk dunk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)

A kindred spirit. At long last! :bl: Also, kudos for the pint of tea. I'm drinking my tea from a big mug that says 'Soup' on it, 'cos I'm a rulebreaker like that.
    Yeah all my mugs are big, I'm disappointed when I get a normal mug/cup at other peoples houses. I always have cookies or chocolate or something too and If I'm at home all day I'll drink like 5 cups of tea, all one pint roughly, so I go through a lot of tea and a lot of unhealthy tea related food.

This is my biggest mug, says "This is my mess and I love it", very apt as my room is a tip and really needs cleaning. Then I have like 5 of the really nice dunoon mugs, check out these for awesome, I mostly have biological/science ones so human body, human skeleton, animals, periodic table etc.

http://www.temptationgifts.com/gifts...coe-shape.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Yeah all my mugs are big, I'm disappointed when I get a normal mug/cup at other peoples houses. I always have cookies or chocolate or something too and If I'm at home all day I'll drink like 5 cups of tea, all one pint roughly, so I go through a lot of tea and a lot of unhealthy tea related food.

This is my biggest mug, says "This is my mess and I love it", very apt as my room is a tip and really needs cleaning. Then I have like 5 of the really nice dunoon mugs, check out these for awesome, I mostly have biological/science ones so human body, human skeleton, animals, periodic table etc.

http://www.temptationgifts.com/gifts...coe-shape.html
    Awh yeah I have a bunch of Dunoon ones too (visited the place). None as truly cool as those ones, though.

Totally agree re: regular sized mugs at other peoples' houses. Whilst I appreciate receiving tea, it feel like not quite enough. It's like a "fun sized" Mars Bar. It's still tasty, and as good as the original, but somehow leaves you with a small hole as your body anticipates more than you can give it.

ReputationRep:
    Dunking is the answer. Easy enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One does not simply lick biscuits forcefully.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.