Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

If you fancied someone would you facebook message them and talk about things or not? Watch

I have been getting mixed messages from this girl, I think we are just friends but am unsure if there is a hint of something more. We meet once a week at a society for 2hours. I added her on facebook but she never messages me or anything and I never message her because she is out of my league.

If you like someone would you message them all the time or would you play it cool and never message them so you don't look desperate?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Messaging them all the time is off putting and makes you come across as desperate.

ReputationRep:
    create an elaborate ruse like a society day out or whatever make a fb group and make fake account for the who society then when she turns up throw her in a rented van. Hope this helps buddy

ReputationRep:
    go to the soc, get her number, text her.

ReputationRep:
    depends, can you get your A game out?! Personally i take notes from Danny Zucko off Grease, if you want Susan McFadden you need to play it real coool man

(Original post by AwsomePossum)
    create an elaborate ruse like a society day out or whatever make a fb group and make fake account for the who society then when she turns up throw her in a rented van. Hope this helps buddy
    Great, now I just need to find some chloroform. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Uhm. I don't really message people on facebook whether I like them or not (even though I'm fairly active on the site). I just don't really see it as a great way to chat. I think it depends hugely on the person, sorry. :dontknow:

(Original post by Albino)
    go to the soc, get her number, text her.
    How should I get this number? What excuse should I have? She is out of my league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How should I get this number? What excuse should I have? She is out of my league.
    "Can i get your number?"

(Original post by Albino)
    "Can i get your number?"
    Why didn't I think of that?

If she doesn't message me on facebook, why would she text me though?

ReputationRep:
    Just drop them a message....specifically 'a' - not '5' 'lots of' or 'several'

If they reply, good for you. If they don't reply, big deal - you've not invested hours of horrifying obsession in them :holmes:

ReputationRep:

You text her, texting is more personal than facebook and if you want to become more than friends thats the way to go

ReputationRep:
    The guy I currently fancy is never online so no, I wouldn't. Plus I've done the whole facebook thing and it was a massive mistake and I would strongly advise nobody to do it ever. Even if you are 12.

(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    The guy I currently fancy is never online so no, I wouldn't. Plus I've done the whole facebook thing and it was a massive mistake and I would strongly advise nobody to do it ever. Even if you are 12.
    What do you mean by the whole facebook thing?

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

In my situation though, 'tis unlikely. I ****ed things up before with this girl and to be honest I don't know if she's forgiven me or not. We'll see. Waiting to see if she'll contact me first.

ReputationRep:

Then she's not interested and you need to move on to a new target.

(Original post by Flibble22)
    Probably.

In my situation though, 'tis unlikely. I ****ed things up before with this girl and to be honest I don't know if she's forgiven me or not. We'll see. Waiting to see if she'll contact me first.
    What was your situation?

ReputationRep:
    What was your situation?
    Said things I shouldn't of said, did things I shouldn't of done. Didn't help that I was having a bit of trouble with the ol' noggin at the time but the end result was that she thought things were 'awkward' between us (largely because she didn't give us a chance on our own..) and ended up getting with some other guy.

I do wonder if she's really happy with this guy though. Going by everything I've seen, I'm not so sure.

I know I could make her very happy indeed, if she gave me a second chance.

ReputationRep:
    She's never going to message you or text you if she doesn't even know you're interested. You need to make the first move and see if she responds. If she does, great. If not, then at lead you know where you stand and don't have to obsess over her anymore

(Original post by Flibble22)
    Said things I shouldn't of said, did things I shouldn't of done. Didn't help that I was having a bit of trouble with the ol' noggin at the time but the end result was that she thought things were 'awkward' between us (largely because she didn't give us a chance on our own..) and ended up getting with some other guy.

I do wonder if she's really happy with this guy though. Going by everything I've seen, I'm not so sure.

I know I could make her very happy indeed, if she gave me a second chance.
    You learn from your experiences. Next time your in a situation like this you will know how to do better and be more successful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.