Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Shocking edexcel business result? Watch

ReputationRep:
    From GCSE to a level I got a's in every exam, to make things worse I put more preparation into this exam than any. I came out of the exam ridiculously confidently.

I got 68 ums which is a C I got 52 raw marks i'll need about 56 for an A I think.

What do you think my chances are of my mark improving given the circumstances And given the fact it's in a business exam??

Many thanks guys
    Much love

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hello Gemma
    There is quite a difference between GCSE and A Level in the depth of analysis, evaluation and judgement that is required on the exams. Obviously I don't know which paper or exam board you sat but from experience when you are given a case study or information in the questions it needs to be torn apart and used to support your answer.

Throughout your answer you need to constantly refer back to the actual company they have asked about in the material. The way I generally advise my students to approach A Level questions is to first define what you have been asked to talk about in text book terms, then state what the company does in relation to this before going into advantages and disadvantages, all linked to the company with examples and implication! Finishing up with a judgment of what the company should do and why based on all the evidence presented in your answer! Hope this is of some help!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.