The Student Room Group

help with exam entries

Hi, I am basically taking some exams in June as an external 3rd year student, at a centre. I will be doing OCR Biology and OCR chemistry exams, and for my biology, as well as taking an exam, I will also be doing a practical. My question is, is it ok to take my practical in one centre, and do my exams in a different centre? ....will there be any issues with my grades and cashing in my exam results?
Thanks in advance
This is what I need to know as well. I dont think it should be a problem as long as you use the same UCI code at each centre for your exam. This is what I am hoping for.
Reply 2
Original post by SchoolKid.
This is what I need to know as well. I dont think it should be a problem as long as you use the same UCI code at each centre for your exam. This is what I am hoping for.

That's correct. Make sure all centres are aware of your plans, and tell them your UCI number.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
That's correct. Make sure all centres are aware of your plans, and tell them your UCI number.

Sent from my GT-S5363

The UCI number is used ONLY for when a candidate changes centre completely, for example a move of school. I thought candidates were only allowed to complete the qualification at one centre unless the centres involved were part of a Consortium agreement?
Original post by Juno

Sent from my GT-S5363

I sat my Biology Unit 1 exam at a private centre in January and got a C. However, my school didn't know about this and I plan to resit this exam in June at my school along with unit 2. Lets say I get grade x for unit 2 and a grade D for unit 1 (hopefully not)

Will my C grade count towards my overall grade even though it was at a different centre and the UCI number is the same or will the D count towards the overall grade?

This will really help me out. Thanks.
Reply 5
I sat my Biology Unit 1 exam at a private centre in January and got a C. However, my school didn't know about this and I plan to resit this exam in June at my school along with unit 2. Lets say I get grade x for unit 2 and a grade D for unit 1 (hopefully not)

Will my C grade count towards my overall grade even though it was at a different centre and the UCI number is the same or will the D count towards the overall grade?

This will really help me out. Thanks.

Have your school contact the awarding body.
Reply 6
ok, so If I was to take all my biology exams at centre z, including the practical, and all my chemistry exams at centre w, alhough I did take my january chemistry exams at centre z, will this be ok?
Original post by Nuna
ok, so If I was to take all my biology exams at centre z, including the practical, and all my chemistry exams at centre w, alhough I did take my january chemistry exams at centre z, will this be ok?

As long as you have the same UCI code for both centres yes. I just checked this :smile:
Reply 8
As long as you have the same UCI code for both centres yes. I just checked this :smile:

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending