Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am basically taking some exams in June as an external 3rd year student, at a centre. I will be doing OCR Biology and OCR chemistry exams, and for my biology, as well as taking an exam, I will also be doing a practical. My question is, is it ok to take my practical in one centre, and do my exams in a different centre? ....will there be any issues with my grades and cashing in my exam results?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    This is what I need to know as well. I dont think it should be a problem as long as you use the same UCI code at each centre for your exam. This is what I am hoping for.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchoolKid.)
    This is what I need to know as well. I dont think it should be a problem as long as you use the same UCI code at each centre for your exam. This is what I am hoping for.
    That's correct. Make sure all centres are aware of your plans, and tell them your UCI number.

Sent from my GT-S5363

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    That's correct. Make sure all centres are aware of your plans, and tell them your UCI number.

Sent from my GT-S5363
    The UCI number is used ONLY for when a candidate changes centre completely, for example a move of school. I thought candidates were only allowed to complete the qualification at one centre unless the centres involved were part of a Consortium agreement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)

Sent from my GT-S5363
    I sat my Biology Unit 1 exam at a private centre in January and got a C. However, my school didn't know about this and I plan to resit this exam in June at my school along with unit 2. Lets say I get grade x for unit 2 and a grade D for unit 1 (hopefully not)

Will my C grade count towards my overall grade even though it was at a different centre and the UCI number is the same or will the D count towards the overall grade?

This will really help me out. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I sat my Biology Unit 1 exam at a private centre in January and got a C. However, my school didn't know about this and I plan to resit this exam in June at my school along with unit 2. Lets say I get grade x for unit 2 and a grade D for unit 1 (hopefully not)

Will my C grade count towards my overall grade even though it was at a different centre and the UCI number is the same or will the D count towards the overall grade?

This will really help me out. Thanks.
    Have your school contact the awarding body.

ReputationRep:
    ok, so If I was to take all my biology exams at centre z, including the practical, and all my chemistry exams at centre w, alhough I did take my january chemistry exams at centre z, will this be ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuna)
    ok, so If I was to take all my biology exams at centre z, including the practical, and all my chemistry exams at centre w, alhough I did take my january chemistry exams at centre z, will this be ok?
    As long as you have the same UCI code for both centres yes. I just checked this

ReputationRep:
    As long as you have the same UCI code for both centres yes. I just checked this
    thank you

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.