The Student Room Group

Guys: Skinny or Curvy women?

Scroll to see replies

You can be both skinny and curvy. You don't have to pick one or the other.
Reply 41
curvy and not to slim
Curvy , there is a difference between curvy and fat though . Hit the gym and you will see curvy , hit teh kfc you will see fat.
I see there is no "chubby women" option. Us fat chicks need love too - just if it came down to it we'd prefer cake.
Why either/or? :unimpressed:

I'm both! :huff:
Original post by TheRays17
I prefer girls who are curvy more then anything i just think it makes girls look more beautiful but i also like girls who have a bit more of a tan to them somewhere between being white and brown e.g Latino color. A model which i would describe as perfection would be Kate Upton everything about just makes her beautiful.

kate-upton.jpg

Kate Upton has a terrible shape such a long stomach, no hips and flat ass. Horrible.
Reply 46
A curvy woman that's trim, I don't like too much jelly on a girl tbh
Reply 47
Curvy is just another word for fat.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Curvy imo
If you like a woman you just do, doesnt have anything to do with her size or shape
A womans size is irrelevant if you like her
Reply 51
Curvy is preferable
Reply 52
Original post by martin59119
If you like a woman you just do, doesnt have anything to do with her size or shape

Who said anything about liking, its about preference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
After skimming through the thread, I have come to realise that some people here don't have a proper knowledge about what "skinny and curvy" means. :mmm:

Skinny is for a person with limited flesh amount, flat figure, size zero and bony. The pictures here, I have rarely seen a skinny girl being posted.

To the extreme:

The other major type includes, a moderate amount of flesh on places like the breasts, hips and thighs but at the same time having a flat tummy which looks more appealing. This is again not the proper curvy figure, know in the modelling world, it's considered as the "Perfect" figure for the screen. (I agree with this, I would rather be skinny like the above or curvy but have this kind of figure and maintain it.)

Now as the amount of fat gradually increases from the above figure, the curvier a women becomes.
This is a proper curvy woman:

Sexy, no?

Personally, I believe that most of the women who define themselves as curvy or are seen as curvy, range around the fat or overweight section. You can call yourself anything, I have nothing against that but one must have a proper idea regarding their figure sizes since it can be pretty misleading and the planning we make to either reduce or gain curves, fat, flesh, may fail real bad.
I have to add that boys have a huge misconception about what the natural bodies must be like. Every woman is differently made, she may have more flesh content in her thighs than in her breasts, she may not have a tucked tummy but a voluptuous figure.
It all falls down to this diagram:

I have not given pictures for every type but you might have gotten the idea.
The words, skinny and curvy are vague and give no proper message of your preferences. The majority wants an hourglass shape but fail to recognise it between the women with lesser flesh or the women with more flesh, it can be in both.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
And we failed to realise that this thread is ages old. :rofl:
Here is a 'curvy' woman Btw Pixie Lott is not curvy as there is not that much definition between her waist, breasts and hips. Typically, curvy means an hourglass shape (either full or trim) or some pear shapes like Beyoncé
Reply 56
Original post by desdemonata
You're missing my point. Curvy doesn't mean overweight. It means hourglass shape with narrow waist and wide hips. Pixie Lott is slim (slim is not the same as skinny) but she probably has an hourglass figure. It's not about the weight but the shape. You can be very slim and still have an hourglass figure and thus be "curvy".

It does though when used in regular language.

When a girl describes herself as 'curvy' it's generally a euphemism for 'I'm fat'
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast93
I agree with your post, there's nothing wrong whatsoever with that woman. But what some people don't understand is that someone can be 'slim' and curvy, such as Jessica Alba (imo) and maybe slighty overweight and be curvy, such as Nigella Lawson. It doesn't really have much to do with weight at all. Even though Cameron Diaz and Jessica Alba probably weigh about the same, Jessica Alba is curvy imo wheras Cameron is not.

Really? I think Nigella Lawson is a good weight and shape especially considering her age; some mums would love to look like her Jessica Alba is slim and she has some curvature but not overt definition between her breasts, waist and hips. It is true that she is curvier than Diaz who is straight up and down (banana shape) but Jessica Alba is a mix of banana and trim hourglass.

I'd happily let Pixie Lott choke me to death with those thighs. :coma:
women can be both skinny and curvy. It is called being skinnyfat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest