Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Guys: Skinny or Curvy women? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Old ass thread, but curvy every time. Chubby is also far preferable to the seriously skinny options in one of the prior replies.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny is a used to describe size of body whereas curvy refers to the shape of the body. You can be skinny&curvy or slim&curvy or fat&curvy. Whether you are curvy is dependent on your waist to hip ratio or how the fat is deposited on your body Whether you are skinny or not depends on the amount of flesh on your body.

I think due to the number of fat/overweight people using the word curvy to descibe themselves, the word curvy has come to be taken as a synonym for fat/overweight. The word is now being used to describe size of the body when it is a word which should be used to describe shape of the body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Curvy is a shape not a size, you can be both a slim girl or a bigger girl and be curvy. Similarly you can be both a slim and bigger girl and be 'narrow'. It's just a shame the word curvy has been highjacked to mean overweight, it comes across as a bit deluded and desperate. People need to understand that every guy has a different preference, and what size you are doesn't matter as long as you are healthy, I personally adore women who look like this:

Attachment 202070

Others don't and that's cool, who cares
    Totally this. It's a body shape, not a weight. I dislike the attitude that some women adopt that "real women have curves" too. :facepalm2:

I'd say I find curvier women more attractive, yes. I find quite chubbier women very attractive too, like the image above. But there are lots of women who aren't particularly "curvy" who I would still say have amazingly attractive bodies i.e. Charlize Theron.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  bbw.jpg
Views: 55484
Size:  13.4 KB If the woman on this pic is considered curvy, I think this is the body type i am most attracted to. I have never been attracted to skinny rails ever since i can remember. To each his own i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    I know that. But if you post photos of some clearly unhealthily thin women and label it "skinny", and post photos of slim, toned + healthy looking "curvy" women, which do you think people will pick? :rolleyes:

Should add these into the "curvy" photoset for a more representative selection...

And move Pixie Lott into the skinny section :yes:
    thats not aren't curvy. thats just fat lol.

I'm weary of anyone using the word 'curvy' because the definition has been skewed by the fat acceptance movement. Curvy = whale now a days. I'm not sure what word to use for actual curvy healthy women like in the OP now :confused:

srsly i mean look at the second pic. Where are the curves?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluedreamsb33)
    Name:  bbw.jpg
Views: 55484
Size:  13.4 KB If the woman on this pic is considered curvy, I think this is the body type i am most attracted to. I have never been attracted to skinny rails ever since i can remember. To each his own i suppose.
    That's not curvy. That's fat.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny and tall ftw! ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast93)
    Skinny:

Curvy:

Which type do you prefer? This thread isn't meant to offend anyone btw.
    Well the skinny examples are of the anorexic. But I am skinny but have curves but if I was a guy curvy all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Curvy women definitely - but there's a limit. Shakira is just about perfect in terms of "curviness". There's a girl I work with who I also think has the perfect amount of curves - she's the only girl I've met in real life who I reckon has the perfect curviness. I can't post a picture of obvious reasons!

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE CURVY WOMENNNNNN. MEAT TUMMY YUMMY BOOBS ASS YUMMY LEGS
    but besides the point,

people are attracted to different things. The important thing is that women should know that they are sexy when they feel they are sexy. If they feel sexy in their body, if they are confident in the shoes they are, that makes them attractive to us. Women should be proud of their bodies. WOMEN ARE GORGEOUS. Without all these women, lets be honest all of the heterosexual men would die. You should love the body you are in coz I know that your man is ****ing attracted to you. YOUR MAN WANTS YOU!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, you can't post pics of anorexic women and compare them to regular looking women. You posted about a single truly 'curvy' women.

Curvy is just code for fat.

commence flamewar

ReputationRep:
    I just like women. so long as she looks good, scrubs up well and ain't morbidly obese or anorexic then I'm good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    I see there is no "chubby women" option. Us fat chicks need love too - just if it came down to it we'd prefer cake.
    i like curvy chubby girl for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Curvy so I have something to hold onto :3

ReputationRep:
    as a candidate of equality I find it pretty unfair that you used pictures of borderline anorexic women to depict the skinnies. naturally no one is going to find that attractive, post pics of naturally skinny women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraggor)
    Curvy so I have something to hold onto :3
    i agree with that lol

ReputationRep:
    Curvy, they have proper sexy bodies different from skinny girls who have no boobs and no ass. Curvy girls are just WOW perfection (as long as not fat).

ReputationRep:
    i find fussy eaters really attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Slim and petite plz.

ReputationRep:

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.