Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Going incognito during exam season Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just some opinions on whether some see it 'healthy' in deleting all forms of social communication (Facebook etc) until exams in June? Is it normal? Does anyone do such things? It's been about 2 weeks since I have done this and I have noticed a vast improvement in my revision, should I carry on, or is balance key? I hope I don't over do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not going that well for you, you're on TSR!

But seriously, yeah, I know people who do. Mostly they lapse, and come back online. I think it's better to just moderate yourself, work when you say you'll work and not just hit up Facebook or whatever.

Especially because all you have to do is "undelete" it anyway, which you're aware you could do in June, nothing physically stops you doing it before then, so the whole exercise is pointless really.

ReputationRep:
    I would say, that this entirely depends on the person. It's not unusual for people to go offline - I have many friends that disable facebook etc during exam time, and it works for them.
    It's not for everyone though. It's good that you're being more productive with revision etc, but you need to make sure you're not missing out. I know, that when you're not on facebook in particular, people can forget to invite you to things, and forget that you don't know about certain things that have happened online.
    Maybe you'd be better of limiting yourself instead of cutting it off all together. Perhaps allow yourself an hour of online browsing time a day, or maybe only go online on one day a week or something like that. Be careful not to burn yourself out. The brain can only take on so much information in one go, so make sure you are taking breaks away from the revision.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.