Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay so there are a lot of threads about similar things but i can't find the exact answer...

I am looking to change university to complete another undergraduate course after completing my first year at my current university. However, I want to do a PGCE afterwards and wondered whether I would receive funding?

1 Year on one course
    Change Course
    Complete 3 Years Undergrad
    PGCE

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Probably. I did a 4 year undergraduate and still got funding. If I remember correctly, they treat it as a whole new course?

ReputationRep:
    If your going for postgraduate certificate in education. You can get student finance as it's a teacher training degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was about to make a thread asking the same thing, seeing as I did a year at other uni before starting my current three year, and I had heard student finance only gives four years worth (or your degree + one year safety net). I am wanting to do a PGCE so won't be able to if that is the case.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rancie94)
    Okay so there are a lot of threads about similar things but i can't find the exact answer...

I am looking to change university to complete another undergraduate course after completing my first year at my current university. However, I want to do a PGCE afterwards and wondered whether I would receive funding?

1 Year on one course
    Change Course
    Complete 3 Years Undergrad
    PGCE

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I was about to make a thread asking the same thing, seeing as I did a year at other uni before starting my current three year, and I had heard student finance only gives four years worth (or your degree + one year safety net). I am wanting to do a PGCE so won't be able to if that is the case.
    Hello Both, the "four year" rule doesn't really exist, it is length of course plus 1 year (assuming no compelling personal reasons). So for a traditional bachelors this is 3+1. However with the PGCE, your course is effectively 4 years long. Therefore you get 4+1 years funding. You're still allowed your 1st year somewhere else as a false start and you will be entitled to the same funding as everyone else.

Best of luck with the teaching!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.