The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Student life?!

Hey guys I will be studying in London (either ucl lse or kcl) next year. However I am quite unsure about student life, especially in London because there isn't actually a campus. Can anyone please describe their experience of university life in London? Best ways to make friends? Any tips on accommodation and things? Thanks!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ready4uni
Hey guys I will be studying in London (either ucl lse or kcl) next year. However I am quite unsure about student life, especially in London because there isn't actually a campus. Can anyone please describe their experience of university life in London? Best ways to make friends? Any tips on accommodation and things? Thanks!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Student life at UCL is great. There is a campus - the bloomsbury campus - which is probably where you had your tour of UCL if you've been there. It is where all the buildings are, where you'll have all your lectures... It is also where the university union is (UCLU). If that wasn't enough the University of London union (ULU) is also part of the 'UCL campus' ...students from all london universities come to ULU for friday club night! Speaking of clubs, there are many student clubs around UCL + there's never a shortage of things to do in london and always a bus or taxi to get you home!
All the university halls are relatively close together where you'll meet a tonne of people and you can also get involved in a wide range of societies.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I go to UCL as well and I felt a little bit similar before coming here. Everything the above post reads is absolutely true, only a boring person can get bored in London. I have met so many amazing people and had so many good nights out it is really nothing to be worried about. I would definitely recommend getting involved in societies as there is always so much going on you will always have stuff to do. I am an active member of the UCLU dance society and seriously can't imagine my life without it, of course there are so many societies, literally something for everyone! But of course if you don't want to do that then there are plenty of clubs around and quite often attended by UCL students Monday night is moonies, Wednesday is roxy / the loop, Thursday is proud and Friday is ULU and maybe Saturday is karaoke at the union if you fancy that. I can't comment as much for the other univerisities but I am sure they are very much the same, there is so much to get involved in you can seriously never be bored, also there is so much to explore. In my first term here me and my friends would do something new every week, we have slacked off a bit this term due to increased work load but there literally is so much to do and if you price it right it doesn't have to be overly expensive!
Reply 3
Thanks so much guys! :biggrin: can I ask what courses you guys are doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm doing psychology :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending