Turn on thread page Beta

What are my options? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hello everyone,

    I am currently doing a BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 in Games Development at college and was wondering which what caliber of university would be open to me and what courses would be available to take.

    My grades in GCSE are as follows:

    Maths C
    English Lang C
    English Lit C
    Science C
    Business A
    ICT A
    Music B
    RE B
    Citizenship A

    I would prefer to do a degree along the lines of Computer Science but with the choices I have made I don't know if this is possible. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances such as resitting my Maths and Science GCSEs or would I have to choose a different BTEC/A level course.


    Unis may take your BTEC (you have to email and ask) otherwise you could consider a-levels or a degree with a foundation year
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by ben7)
    Unis may take your BTEC (you have to email and ask) otherwise you could consider a-levels or a degree with a foundation year
    I've just been looking at Foundation Year courses and it looks perfect for me. Thanks, I think I have my answer
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.